Photocouplers Infrared LED & Photo IC
• Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs)
• Industrial Inverters
• High-Speed Digital Interfacing for Instrumentation and Control Devices
TLP2372 is 20 Mbps high speed photocoupler operated at low supply voltage in the small SO6 package.
Since supply voltage of only 2.2 V is needed to operate TLP2372, building another power supply circuit is
unnecessary even in using it in a low supply voltage system of 2.5 V LVCMOS level. Therefore, this product
contributes to reduce the number of components.
The low threshold input current (IFLH) of 1.6 mA (max) and the low supply current (IDDL/IDDH) of 0.5 mA (max)
at entire operating temperature range of -40 to 125 enables TLP2372 to be driven from a microcontroller
directly, and provides energy saving of systems.
The detector has a totem-pole output stage with current sourcing and sinking capabilities. TLP2372 has an
internal Faraday shield that provides a guaranteed common-mode transient immunity of ±20 kV/µs.
(1) Package: SO6
(2) Data transfer rate: 20 Mbps (typ.)
(3) Supply current: 0.5 mA (max)
(4) Threshold input current: 1.6 mA (max)
(5) Supply voltage: 2.2 to 5.5 V
(6) Operating temperature range: -40 to 125
(7) Pulse width distortion: 20 ns (max)
(8) Isolation voltage: 3750 Vrms (min)
(9) Safety standards
UL-recognized: UL 1577, File No.E67349
cUL-recognized: CSA Component Acceptance Service No.5A File No.E67349
VDE-approved: EN 60747-5-5, EN 62368-1 (Note 1)
CQC-approved: GB4943.1, GB8898 Japan Factory (Pending)
Note 1: When a VDE approved type is needed, please designate the Option (V4).
Toshiba Electronic Devices & Storage Corporation
Start of commercial production