Photocouplers GaAℓAs Infrared LED & Photo IC
• Industrial Inverters
• Air Conditioner Inverters
• Induction Cooktop and Home Appliances
• MOSFET Gate Drivers
• IGBT Gate Drivers
The TLP5832 is a photocoupler in a 8-pin SO8L package that consists of a GaAℓAs infrared light-emitting diode
(LED) optically coupled to an integrated high-gain, high-speed photodetector IC chip. It provides guaranteed
performance and specifications at temperature up to 110 .
The TLP5832 is physically smaller / thinner than the one in an 8-pin DIP package and compliant with international
safety standards for reinforced insulation. It thus provides a smaller footprint solution for applications that
require safety standard certification. An internal noise shield provides a guaranteed common-mode transient
immunity of ±20 kV/µs.
The TLP5832 is ideal for small to medium class IGBT and power MOSFET gate drive.
(1) Buffer logic type (totem pole output)
(2) Output peak current: ±2.5 A (max)
(3) Operating temperature: -40 to 110
(4) Supply current: 3 mA (max)
(5) Supply voltage: 15 to 30 V
(6) Threshold input current: 5 mA (max)
(7) Propagation delay time: 200 ns (max)
(8) Common-mode transient immunity: ±20 kV/µs (min)
(9) Isolation voltage: 5000 Vrms (min)
(10) Safety standards
UL-recognized: UL 1577, File No.E67349
cUL-recognized: CSA Component Acceptance Service No.5A File No.E67349
VDE-approved: EN 60747-5-5, EN 62368-1 (Note 1)
CQC-approved: GB4943.1, GB8898 Japan Factory (Pending)
Note 1: When a VDE approved type is needed, please designate the Option (D4).
Toshiba Electronic Devices & Storage Corporation
Start of commercial production