Low-Voltage CMOS 16-Bit Microcontrollers
1. Outline and Device Characteristics
The TMP91CU10 is an original Toshiba TLCS-900/L1 Series 16-bit microcontroller. The
TMP91CU10 integrates a 16-bit CPU, ROM, RAM, multi-functional timer and event counter,
general-purpose serial interface, an A/D converter and various other units in a single chip, and
has been developed for controlling medium- to large-scale equipment.
The TMP91CU10 is housed in a 100-pin mini flat package.
The device characteristics are as follows:
(1) Original high-speed 16-bit CPU (900/H CPU)
• TLCS-90/900 instruction mnemonics (upwards compatible)
• 16-Mbyte linear address space
• General-purpose registers and register bank system
• 16-bit multiplication/division and bit transfer/arithmetic instructions
• High-speed µDMA: 4 channels (1.18 µs at 13.5 MHz) (1.0 µs at 16 MHz)
(2) Minimum instruction execution time
• 400 ns at 10 MHz (VCC = 2.0 V) for mask ROM products only
• 296 ns at 13.5 MHz (VCC = 3.0 V)
(3) Internal RAM: 3 Kbytes
Internal ROM: 96 Kbytes
(4) External memory expansion
• Can be expanded up to 16 Mbytes (for both programs and data).
• AM8/16 pin (selects the external data bus width)
• Can mix 8- and 16-bit external data buses (dynamic bus sizing) .
(5) Chip Select and Wait controller: 3 blocks
(6) 8-bit timer: 8 channels
• Including event count function: 2 channels
(7) 16-bit timer and event counter: 2 channels
(8) General-purpose serial interface: 3 channels
• UART and Synchronous modes
(9) (10-bit A/D converter: 8 channels
• For a discussion of how the reliability of microcontrollers can be predicted, please refer to Section 1.3 of the chapter entitled
Quality and Reliability Assurance / Handling Precautions.
• TOSHIBA is continually working to improve the quality and the reliability of its products. Nevertheless, semiconductor devices in
general can malfunction or fail due to their inherent electrical sensitivity and vulnerability to physical stress. It is the responsibility
of the buyer, when utilizing TOSHIBA products, to observe standards of safety, and to avoid situations in which a malfunction or
failure of a TOSHIBA product could cause loss of human life, bodily injury or damage to property. In developing your designs,
please ensure that TOSHIBA products are used within specified operating ranges as set forth in the most recent products
specifications. Also, please keep in mind the precautions and conditions set forth in the TOSHIBA Semiconductor Reliability
• The products described in this document are subject to the foreign exchange and foreign trade laws.
• The information contained herein is presented only as a guide for the applications of our products. No responsibility is assumed
by TOSHIBA CORPORATION for any infringements of intellectual property or other rights of the third parties which may result
from its use. No license is granted by implication or otherwise under any intellectual property or other rights of TOSHIBA
CORPORATION or others.