CMOS 16-Bit Microcontrollers
1. Outline and Features
The TMP95CU54A is a high-speed 16-bit microcontroller designed for the control of various mid-
to large-scale equipment.
The TMP95CU54A comes in a 100-pin flat package.
Listed below are the features of the TMP95CU54A.
(1) High-speed 16-bit CPU (900/H CPU)
• Instruction mnemonics are upward-compatible with the TLCS-90/900
• 16 Mbytes of linear address space
• General-purpose registers and register banks
• 16-bit multiplication and division instructions; bit transfer and arithmetic instructions
• Micro DMA : Four-channels (667 ns/2 bytes at 24 MHz)
(2) Minimum instruction execution time : 167 ns (at 24 MHz)
(3) Built-in RAM : 3 Kbytes
Built-in ROM : 96 Kbytes
(4) External memory expansion
• Expandable up to 16 Mbytes (shared program/data area)
• External data bus width select pin ( ΑΜ8 /16 )
• Can simultaneously support 8/16-bit width external data bus
··· Dynamic data bus sizing
(5) 8-bit timers : 8 channels
• With event counter function : 2 channels
(6) 16-bit timer/event counter : 2 channels
RESTRICTIONS ON PRODUCT USE
• The information contained herein is subject to change without notice.
• The information contained herein is presented only as a guide for the applications of our products. No responsibility is assumed by
TOSHIBA for any infringements of patents or other rights of the third parties which may result from its use. No license is granted by
implication or otherwise under any patent or patent rights of TOSHIBA or others.
• TOSHIBA is continually working to improve the quality and reliability of its products. Nevertheless, semiconductor devices in
general can malfunction or fail due to their inherent electrical sensitivity and vulnerability to physical stress. It is the responsibility of
the buyer, when utilizing TOSHIBA products, to comply with the standards of safety in making a safe design for the entire system,
and to avoid situations in which a malfunction or failure of such TOSHIBA products could cause loss of human life, bodily injury or
damage to property.
In developing your designs, please ensure that TOSHIBA products are used within specified operating ranges as set forth in the
most recent TOSHIBA products specifications. Also, please keep in mind the precautions and conditions set forth in the “Handling
Guide for Semiconductor Devices,” or “TOSHIBA Semiconductor Reliability Handbook” etc..
• The TOSHIBA products listed in this document are intended for usage in general electronics applications (computer, personal
equipment, office equipment, measuring equipment, industrial robotics, domestic appliances, etc.). These TOSHIBA products are
neither intended nor warranted for usage in equipment that requires extraordinarily high quality and/or reliability or a malfunctionor
failure of which may cause loss of human life or bodily injury (“Unintended Usage”). Unintended Usage include atomic energy
control instruments, airplane or spaceship instruments, transportation instruments, traffic signal instruments, combustion control
instruments, medical instruments, all types of safety devices, etc.. Unintended Usage of TOSHIBA products listed in this document
shall be made at the customer’s own risk.
• The products described in this document are subject to the foreign exchange and foreign trade laws.
• TOSHIBA products should not be embedded to the downstream products which are prohibited to be produced and sold, under any
law and regulations.
• For a discussion of how the reliability of microcontrollers can be predicted, please refer to Section 1.3 of the chapter entitled Quality
and Reliability Assurance/Handling Precautions.