CMOS 16-bit Microcontrollers
1. Outline and Device Characteristics
The TMP96C031 are high-speed advanced 16-bit microcon-
trollers developed for controlling medium to large-scale equip-
ment. TMP96C031N comes in a 64-pin shrink DIP; the
TMP96C031F, in a 64-pin ﬂat package.
(1) Original 16-bit CPU
• TLCS-90 instruction mnemonic upward compatible.
• 16M-byte linear address space
• General-purpose registers and register bank system
• 16-bit multiplication/division and bit transfer/arithmetic
• High-speed micro DMA
- 4 channels (1.6µs/2 bytes @ 20MHz)
(2) Minimum instruction execution time
- 200ns @ 20MHz
(3) External memory expansion
• Can be expanded up to 16M-bytes (for both programs and
• External data bus width selection pin (AM8/16)
• Can mix 8- and 16-bit external data buses.
…Dynamic data bus sizing
(4) 8-bit timer: 2 channels
(5) 16-bit timer: 2 channels
(6) Pattern generator: 4 bits, 2 channels
(7) Serial interface: 2 channels
(8) 8-bit A/D converter: 4 channels
(9) DRAM controller
(10) Watchdog timer
(11) Chip select/wait controller: 4 blocks
(12) Interrupt functions
• 3 CPU interrupts… …SWI instruction, privileged violation,
and Illegal instruction
• 12 internal interrupts 7-level priority can be set.
• 9 external interrupts
(13) I/O ports: 37 pins
(14) Standby function : 3 HALT modes (RUN, IDLE, STOP)
The information contained here is subject to change without notice.
The information contained herein is presented only as guide for the applications of our products. No responsibility is assumed by TOSHIBA for any infringements of patents or other rights of the third parties
which may result from its use. No license is granted by implication or otherwise under any patent or patent rights of TOSHIBA or others. These TOSHIBA products are intended for usage in general electronic
equipments (ofﬁce equipment, communication equipment, measuring equipment, domestic electriﬁcation, etc.) Please make sure that you consult with us before you use these TOSHIBA products in equip-
ments which require high quality and/or reliability, and in equipments which could have major impact to the welfare of human life (atomic energy control, spaceship, trafﬁc signal, combustion control, all types
of safety devices, etc.). TOSHIBA cannot accept liability to any damage which may occur in case these TOSHIBA products were used in the mentioned equipments without prior consultation with TOSHIBA.