TOSHIBA Bipolar Linear Integrated Circuit Silicon Monolithic
Audio/Video Switching IC for TVs
The TA1218N/F is an audio/video switching IC for TV sets.
Conforming to I2C bus standards, it allows you to perform
various switching operations through the bus lines by using a
microcomputer. Thanks to its 2-channel outputs, the TA1218N/F
can also be used for the PIP systems. Furthermore, since the
presence of a signal on its sync signal output pin can be
determined by a microcomputer, it is possible to check each
input/output channel (self-diagnosis).
This IC has the same pin assignments as the TA1219AN
(SDIP36), a 1-channel output version of the TA1218N/F, so
these chips are pin compatible on pins 3 to 20 and 23 to 40.
• I2C bus control
• Video : 5-channel inputs and 2-channel outputs
(2 channels conforming to S system)
• Audio : 5-channel inputs and 3-channel outputs
• Self-diagnostic function
• ADC inputs based on European 21-pin standards
• Switchable subaddress
SDIP42-P-600-1.78 : 4.13 g (typ.)
QFP48-P-1014-0.80: 0.83 g (typ.)
• TOSHIBA is continually working to improve the quality and reliability of its products. Nevertheless, semiconductor devices in general
can malfunction or fail due to their inherent electrical sensitivity and vulnerability to physical stress. It is the responsibility of the
buyer, when utilizing TOSHIBA products, to comply with the standards of safety in making a safe design for the entire system, and
to avoid situations in which a malfunction or failure of such TOSHIBA products could cause loss of human life, bodily injury or
damage to property.
In developing your designs, please ensure that TOSHIBA products are used within specified operating ranges as set forth in the
most recent TOSHIBA products specifications. Also, please keep in mind the precautions and conditions set forth in the “Handling
Guide for Semiconductor Devices,” or “TOSHIBA Semiconductor Reliability Handbook” etc..
• The TOSHIBA products listed in this document are intended for usage in general electronics applications (computer, personal
equipment, office equipment, measuring equipment, industrial robotics, domestic appliances, etc.). These TOSHIBA products are
neither intended nor warranted for usage in equipment that requires extraordinarily high quality and/or reliability or a malfunction or
failure of which may cause loss of human life or bodily injury (“Unintended Usage”). Unintended Usage include atomic energy
control instruments, airplane or spaceship instruments, transportation instruments, traffic signal instruments, combustion control
instruments, medical instruments, all types of safety devices, etc.. Unintended Usage of TOSHIBA products listed in this document
shall be made at the customer’s own risk.
• The products described in this document are subject to the foreign exchange and foreign trade laws.
• The information contained herein is presented only as a guide for the applications of our products. No responsibility is assumed by
TOSHIBA CORPORATION for any infringements of intellectual property or other rights of the third parties which may result from its
use. No license is granted by implication or otherwise under any intellectual property or other rights of TOSHIBA CORPORATION or
• The information contained herein is subject to change without notice.