Preliminary TOSHIBA Bipolar Linear Integrated Circuit Silicon Monolithic
Down-Converter IC with PLL for Satellite Tuner
The TA1296FN is a wideband down-converter which can
operate at input frequency ranging from 850 MHz to 2200 MHz.
Intended primarily for use in satellite tuners, this IC includes an
oscillator, a mixer, an IF amplifier and a PLL.
The I2C bus data format is used as the data control format.
The supply voltage of 5.0 V helps minimize the tuner’s power
www.DataSheetd4iUs.sciopmation, while the compact 30-pin SSOP package allows the
tuner to be kept small.
· Supply voltage: 5.0 V (typ.)
· Wide input frequency range
· Low phase noise oscillator
Weight: 0.17 g (typ.)
· Standard I2C bus format control
· 4-MHz (X’tal) buffer output pin
· Reference oscillator input change-over switch [X’tal or external input]
· 33-V high-voltage tuning amplifier built-in
· 3-bit input port (for read mode)
· 2-bit band switch drive transistor (for write mode)
· 5-level AD converter
· Frequency step: 62.5 kHz or 125 kHz (for 4-MHz X’tal)
· 4-address setting via address selector
· Power-on reset circuit
· ×1/2 prescaler
· Flat compact package: SSOP30-P-300-0.65 (0.65-mm pitch)
Power-On Reset Operation Conditions
· Frequency step: 125 kHz
· Charge pump output current: ±50 mA
· Counter data: all 
· Band driver: OFF
· Tuning amplifier: OFF
Note 1: This device can easily be damaged by high voltages or electrical fields. For this reason, please handle it