TOSHIBA CMOS Digital Integrated Circuit Silicon Monolithic
Low-Voltage Octal Bus Transceiver with 5-V Tolerant Inputs and Outputs
The TC74LCX245 is a high-performance CMOS octal bus transceiver.
Designed for use in 3.3-V systems, it achieves high-speed operation
while maintaining the CMOS low power dissipation.
The device is designed for low-voltage (3.3 V) VCC applications, but it
could be used to interface to 5-V supply environment for both inputs and
The direction of data transmission is determined by the level of the
DIR input. The enable input ( OE ) can be used to disable the device so
that the busses are effectively isolated.
All inputs are equipped with protection circuits against static
• Low-voltage operation: VCC = 1.65 to 3.6 V
• High-speed operation: tpd = 7.0 ns (max) (VCC = 3.0 to 3.6 V)
• Ouput current: |IOH|/IOL = 24 mA (min) (VCC = 3.0 V)
• Latch-up performance: ＞±500 mA
• Available in JEITA SOP, VSSOP (US)
• Bidirectional interface between 5.0 V and 3.3 V signals
• Power-down protection provided on all inputs and outputs
• Pin and function compatible with the 74 series
(74AC/VHC/HC/F/ALS/LS etc.) 245 type
: 0.22 g ( typ.)
: 0.03 g ( typ.)
Note: Do not apply a signal to any bus pins when it is in the output mode. Damage may result.
All floating (high impedance) bus pins must have their input levels fixed by means of pull-up or pull-down resistors.
Note: The Electrical Characteristics of VCC = 1.8 ± 0.15 V is only applicable for products which manufactured
from January 2009 onward.
Toshiba Electronic Devices & Storage Corporation
Start of commercial production