TOSHIBA CMOS Digital Integrated Circuit Silicon Monolithic
Low-Voltage Octal Bus Buffer (inverted) with 5-V Tolerant Inputs and Outputs
The TC74LCX540 is a high-performance CMOS octal bus buffer.
Designed for use in 3.3-V systems, it achieves high-speed operation while
maintaining the CMOS low power dissipation.
The device is designed for low-voltage (3.3 V) VCC applications, but it
could be used to interface to 5 V supply environment for both inputs and
The TC74LCX540 is an inverting 3-state buffer having two active-low
output enables. When either OE1 or OE2 are high, the terminal outputs
are in the high-impedance state. This device is designed to be used with 3-
state memory address drivers, etc.
All inputs are equipped with protection circuits against static discharge.
• Low-voltage operation: VCC = 1.65 to 3.6 V
• High-speed operation: tpd = 6.5 ns (max) (VCC = 3.0 to 3.6 V)
• Output current: |IOH|/IOL = 24 mA (min) (VCC = 3.0 V)
• Latch-up performance: >±500 mA
• Available in JEITA SOP, VSSOP (US)
• Power-down protection provided on all inputs and outputs
• Pin and function compatible with the 74 series
(74AC/VHC/HC/F/ALS/LS etc.) 540 type
: 0.22 g ( typ.)
: 0.03 g ( typ.)
Note: The Electrical Characteristics of VCC = 1.8 ± 0.15 V is only applicable for products which manufactured
from January 2009 onward.
Toshiba Electronic Devices & Storage Corporation
Start of commercial production