RF Driver Amplifier
250 - 4000 MHz
• Broadband Operation
• Output Intercept Point Greater than +40 dBm
• Excellent ACPR performance
• High Efficiency
• Lead-Free SOIC-8EP Package
• 100% Matte Tin Plating over Copper
• Halogen-Free “Green” Mold Compound
www.DataShee•t4UR.coomHS* Compliant and 260°C Reflow Compatible
Functional Block Diagram
M/A-COM’s MAAMSS0056 RF driver amplifier is a
two stage GaAs MMIC which exhibits exceptional
linearity performance as well as featuring high gain
in a lead-free SOIC-8EP surface mount plastic
package. The device runs off a single +5 volt supply
and draws 190 mA typically.
The MAAMSS0056 is fabricated using a high
reliability GaAs HBT process to realize low current
and high power functionality. The process features
full passivation for increased performance and
The MAAMSS0056 has been designed to be a
functional driver amplifier from 250 to 4000 MHz.
Ordering Information 1
Pin Configuration 4
1st Stage VCC & RF Output
6 RFOUT/ VCC2 Amplifier Output & 2nd Stage VCC
2nd Stage RF Input
4. The exposed pad centered on the package bottom must be
connected to the RF and DC ground.
3000 piece reel
2140 MHz Configuration
MAAM-000056-000SMB Sample Only, General Frequency
1. Reference Application Note M513 for reel size information.
Maximum Operating Conditions 5
Junction Temperature 6
Absolute Maximum Ratings 2,3
RF Output Power
-65°C to +150°C
2. Exceeding any one or combination of these limits may cause
permanent damage to this device.
3. M/A-COM does not recommend sustained operation near
these survivability limits.
RF Output Power
-40°C to +85°C
5. Operating at or within these conditions will ensure MTTF > 1 x
6. Typical thermal resistance (Өjc) = 65°C/W.
1 * Restrictions on Hazardous Substances, European Union Directive 2002/95/EC.
M/A-COM Inc. and its affiliates reserve the right to make changes to the
• North America Tel: 800.366.2266 / Fax: 978.366.2266
product(s) or information contained herein without notice. M/A-COM makes
no warranty, representation or guarantee regarding the suitability of its
products for any particular purpose, nor does M/A-COM assume any liability
• Europe Tel: 44.1908.574.200 / Fax: 44.1908.574.300
• Asia/Pacific Tel: 81.44.844.8296 / Fax: 81.44.844.8298
whatsoever arising out of the use or application of any product(s) or
Visit www.macom.com for additional data sheets and product information.