Voltage Variable Absorptive Attenuator
30 dB, 0.5-2.0 GHz
• Single Positive Voltage Control: 0 to +5 Volts
• 30 dB Voltage Variable Attenuation
• ± 2 dB Linearity from BSL
• Low DC Power Consumption
• Temperature Range: -40°C to +85°C
• Fast Switching Speed
• Lead-Free SOIC-8 Package
• 100% Matte Tin Plating over Copper
• Halogen-Free “Green” Mold Compound
• 260°C Reflow Compatible
• RoHS* Compliant Version of AT-110-2
M/A-COM’s MAAVSS0008 is a GaAs MMIC voltage
variable absorptive attenuator in a lead-free SOIC-8
surface mount plastic package. The MAAVSS0008
is ideally suited for use where linear attenuation fine
tuning and very low power consumption are
Typical applications include radio, cellular, GPS
equipment and automatic gain/level control circuits.
The MAAVSS0008 is fabricated with a monolithic
GaAs MMIC using a mature 1-micron process. The
process features full chip passivation for increased
performance and reliability.
1000 piece reel
Note: Reference Application Note M513 for reel size
Functional Schematic 1,2,3
1 23 4
1. VCC = +5 VDC ± 0.5 VDC @ 300 µA maximum.
2. VC = 0 VDC to +5 VDC @ 6.6 mA maximum.
3. External DC blocking capacitors are required on all RF ports.
Absolute Maximum Ratings 4,5
Supply Voltage VCC
Control Voltage VC
-1 V < VCC < +8 V
-1 V < VC < VCC + 0.5 V
-40°C to +85°C
-65°C to +150°C
4. Exceeding any one or combination of these limits may cause
permanent damage to this device.
5. M/A-COM does not recommend sustained operation near
these survivability limits.
* Restrictions on Hazardous Substances, European Directive 2002/95/EC.
M/A-COM Inc. and its affiliates reserve the right to make changes to the
product(s) or information contained herein without notice. M/A-COM makes
no warranty, representation or guarantee regarding the suitability of its
products for any particular purpose, nor does M/A-COM assume any liability
whatsoever arising out of the use or application of any product(s) or
• North America Tel: 800.366.2266 / Fax: 978.366.2266
• Europe Tel: 44.1908.574.200 / Fax: 44.1908.574.300
• Asia/Pacific Tel: 81.44.844.8296 / Fax: 81.44.844.8298
Visit www.macom.com for additional data sheets and product information.