GaAs DPDT Diversity Switch
4.5 - 6.0 GHz
• Low Insertion Loss: 0.8 dB at 5.2 GHz
• Ideal for WLAN IEEE 802.11a
• 0.5 micron GaAs PHEMT Process
• Integrated DC Blocking Capacitors
• Lead-Free 3 mm 12-Lead PQFN Package
• 100% Matte Tin Plating over Copper
• Halogen-Free “Green” Mold Compound
• 260°C Reflow Compatible
• RoHS* Compliant Version of MASWSS0039
M/A-COM’s MASWSS0175 is a GaAs PHEMT
MMIC DPDT diversity switch in a lead-free 3 mm 12-
lead PQFN package. It is designed for low insertion
loss and allows for independent control and
selection of each switch path. It integrates blocking
capacitors on all RF ports and thus eliminates the
need for additional off-chip DC blocking capacitors.
The MASWSS0175 is ideally suited for applications
where very small size and low cost are required.
Typical applications are for WLAN IEEE 802.11a
systems that employ two antennas for transmit and
receive diversity. This part can be used in all
systems operating between 4.5 GHz and 6.0 GHz
requiring moderate power and diversity switching.
The MASWSS0175 is fabricated using a 0.5 micron
gate length GaAs PHEMT process. The process
features full passivation for performance and
3000 Piece Reel
Sample Test Board
Note: Reference Application Note M513 for reel size
RF Port 3
RF Port 2
RF Port 4
RF Port 1
RF and DC Ground
1. The exposed pad centered on the package bottom must be
connected to RF and DC ground.
* Restrictions on Hazardous Substances, European Directive 2002/95/EC.
M/A-COM Inc. and its affiliates reserve the right to make changes to the
product(s) or information contained herein without notice. M/A-COM makes
no warranty, representation or guarantee regarding the suitability of its
products for any particular purpose, nor does M/A-COM assume any liability
whatsoever arising out of the use or application of any product(s) or
• North America Tel: 800.366.2266 / Fax: 978.366.2266
• Europe Tel: 44.1908.574.200 / Fax: 44.1908.574.300
• Asia/Pacific Tel: 81.44.844.8296 / Fax: 81.44.844.8298
Visit www.macom.com for additional data sheets and product information.