HIGH FIDELITY PowerSpeechTM
The W523Sxx family are programmable speech synthesis ICs that utilize Winbond′s new high fidelity
voice synthesis algorithm to generate all types of voice effects with high sound quality.
The W523Sxx’ s LOAD, JUMP, MOVE and INC commands and ten programmable registers provide
powerful user-programmable functions that make this chip suitable for an extremely wide range of
speech IC applications.
The W523Sxx family includes 14 kinds of bodies which are the same except for the voice duration
W523S08 W523S10 W523S12 W523S15 W523S20 W523S25 W523S30
100 sec. 120 sec.
Note: The voice duration is estimated by 6.4 KHz sampling rate.
• Operating voltage range: 2.4 – 5.5 volts for both DAC and PWM output
• New high fidelity synthesis algorithm
• Either PWM mode or D/A converter mode can be selected for AUD output
• Provides 4 direct trigger inputs that can easily be extended to 24 matrix trigger inputs
• Two trigger input debounce times (50 mS or 400 uS) can be set
• Provides up to 2 LEDs and 5 STOP outputs
• Flexible functions programmable through the following:
− LD (Load), JP (Jump), MV (Move) and INC (Increase) commands
− Four general purpose registers: R0, R1, R2 and R3
− Six special purpose registers: EN0, EN1, MODE0, MODE1, STOP and PAGE
− Conditional instructions: @LAST, @TGn_HIGH or LOW, where, n = 1,2,5 or 6
− Speech equations
− END instruction
• Supports CPU interface operation
• Symbolic compiler supported
• Instruction cycle ≤ 400 µS typically
• Section control for
− Variable frequency: 4.8/6/8/12 KHz
Publication Release Date:Oct. 2000
- 1 - Revision A5