SMAJ Transient Voltage Suppressor Diode Series
The SMA series is designed to protect voltage sensitive components from high voltage,
high energy transients. They have excellent clamping capability, high surge capability, low
zener impedance and fast response time. The SMA series is supplied in YINT
Semiconductor ’ s exclusive,cost-effective,highly reliable and is ideally suited for use in
communication systems, automotive, numerical controls , process controls, medical
equipment, business machines, power supplies and many other industrial/consumer
glass passivated junction.
For surface mounted applications in order to optimize board space.
Polarity:Color band denoted positive end (cathode) except Bidirectional.
Typical failure mode is short from over-specified voltage or current
High Temperature soldering:260°C/10 seconds at terminals.
Terminal:Solder plated,solderable per MIL-STD-750,Method 2026.
TVS devices are ideal for the protection of
I/O Interfaces, VCC bus and other
vulnerable circuits used in Telecom,
Computer, Industrial and Consumer
Electrical Characteristics (@ TA = 25°C Unless Otherwise Noted)
Minimum Peak Pulse Power Dissipation (T = 1 ms) (note 2)
Peak Forward Surge Current
8.3 ms Single Half Sine Wave Superimposed on Rated Load
(JEDEC Method) (Note 3)
Steady State Power Dissipation @ TL = 75 °C
Maximum Instantaneous Forward Voltage @ I PP = 35 A
(For Unidirectional Units Only)(Note 5)
Operating Temperature Range
Storage Temperature Range
-55 to +150
-55 to +175
1. Non-repetitive current pulse, per Pulse Waveform graph and derated above TA = 25 °C per Pulse Derating Curve.
2. Thermal Resistance Junction to Lead.
3. 8.3 ms Single Half-Sine Wave duty cycle = 4 pulses maximum per minute (unidirectional units only).
4. Single Phase, Half Wave, 60 Hz, resistive or inductive load. For capacitive load, derate current by 20 %.
5. VF<3.5V for VBR< 200V and VF <6.5V for VBR> 201V.