12-Bit Programmable Magnetic Rotary
Added Value of Using AS5045
The AS5045 is a contactless magnetic position sensor for
accurate angular measurement over a full turn of 360°. It is a
system-on-chip, combining integrated Hall elements, analog
front end and digital signal processing in a single device.
To measure the angle, only a simple two-pole magnet, rotating
over the center of the chip, is required. The magnet may be
placed above or below the IC.
The absolute angle measurement provides instant indication of
the magnet’s angular position with a resolution of
0.0879° = 4096 positions per revolution. This digital data is
available as a serial bit stream and as a PWM signal.
An internal voltage regulator allows the AS5045 to operate at
either 3.3 V or 5 V supplies.
Ordering Information and Content Guide appear at end of
Key Benefits & Features
The benefits and features of AS5045, 12-Bit Programmable
Magnetic Rotary Position Sensor are listed below:
• Highest reliability and durability in harsh
• Contactless absolute angle position measurement
• Great flexibility during assembly
• User programmable zero position
• Operation safety
• Diagnostic modes for magnet detection and power supply
• Lower material cost (no magnetic
• Immune to external magnetic stray fields
• Two digital 12-bit absolute outputs:
• Serial interface and
• Pulse width modulated (PWM) output
• Failure detection mode for magnet placement monitoring
and loss of power supply
• “Red-Yellow-Green” indicators display placement of magnet