12-Bit On-Axis Magnetic Rotary
Position Sensor with Redundant I²C
and PWM Outputs
The AS5200L is an easy to program stacked dual die magnetic
rotary position sensor with redundant high-resolution 12-bit
I²C or PWM outputs. This contactless system measures the
absolute angle of a diametric magnetized on-axis magnet. This
AS5200L is designed for contactless potentiometer
applications and its robust design eliminates the influence of
any homogenous external stray magnetic fields.
The industry-standard I²C interface supports simple user
programming of non-volatile parameters without requiring a
By default the output represents a range from 0 to 360 degrees.
It is also possible to define a smaller range to the output by
programming a zero angle (start position) and a maximum
angle (stop position).
The AS5200L is also equipped with a smart low power mode
feature to automatically reduce the power consumption.
AS5200L is designed for automotive applications and is
AEC-Q100 grade 1 qualified. To enable safety-critical
applications it has two separate sensor dies in one MLF-16 (5x5)
package with wettable flanks.
Ordering Information and Content Guide appear at end of
Added Value of Using AS5200L
Key Benefits & Features
The benefits and features of this device are listed below:
• Highest reliability and durability
• Simple programming
• Selectable output
• Low-power consumption
• Easy setup
• Contactless angle measurement
• Simple user-programmable start and stop positions over the I²C interface
• Digital output over I²C or PWM-encoded output
• Automatic entry into low-power mode
• Automatic magnet detection
• Small form factor
• Robust environmental tolerance
• MLF-16 (5mm x 5mm) package with wettable flanks
• Wide temperature range: -40°C to 125°C