QUADRUPLE DIFFERENTIAL LINE DRIVER
SLLS871 – NOVEMBER 2007
• Controlled Baseline
– One Assembly
– One Test Site
– One Fabrication Site
• Extended Temperature Performance of –55°C
• Enhanced Diminishing Manufacturing Sources
• Enhanced Product-Change Notification
• Qualification Pedigree (1)
• Meets or Exceeds the Requirements of
TIA/EIA-422-B and ITU Recommendation V.11
• Low Power, ICC = 100 µA Typ
• Operates From a Single 5 V Supply
• High Speed, tPLH = tPHL = 7 ns Typ
• Low Pulse Distortion, tsk(p) = 0.5 ns Typ
(1) Component qualification in accordance with JEDEC and
industry standards to ensure reliable operation over an
extended temperature range. This includes, but is not limited
to, Highly Accelerated Stress Test (HAST) or biased 85/85,
temperature cycle, autoclave or unbiased HAST,
electromigration, bond intermetallic life, and mold compound
life. Such qualification testing should not be viewed as
justifying use of this component beyond specified
performance and environmental limits.
• High Output Impedance in Power-Off
• Improved Replacement for AM26LS31
AM26C31... D PACKAGE
The AM26C31 is a differential line driver with complementary outputs, designed to meet the requirements of
TIA/EIA -422-B and ITU (formerly CCITT). The 3-state outputs have high-current capability for driving balanced
lines, such as twisted-pair or parallel-wire transmission lines, and they provide the high-impedance state in the
power-off condition. The enable functions are common to all four drivers and offer the choice of an active-high
(G) or active-low (G) enable input. BiCMOS circuitry reduces power consumption without sacrificing speed.
The AM26C31 is characterized for operation over extended temperature range of –55°C to 125°C.
–55°C to 125°C
SOIC – D
ORDERABLE PART NUMBER
Reel of 2500
(1) For the most current package and ordering information, see the Package Option Addendum at the end of this document, or see the TI
website at www.ti.com.
(2) Package drawings, thermal data, and symbolization are available at www.ti.com/packaging.
Please be aware that an important notice concerning availability, standard warranty, and use in critical applications of
Texas Instruments semiconductor products and disclaimers thereto appears at the end of this data sheet.
PRODUCTION DATA information is current as of publication date.
Products conform to specifications per the terms of the Texas
Instruments standard warranty. Production processing does not
necessarily include testing of all parameters.
Copyright © 2007, Texas Instruments Incorporated
On products compliant to MIL-PRF-38535, all parameters are
tested unless otherwise noted. On all other products, production
processing does not necessarily include testing of all parameters.