SWRS207F – JANUARY 2018 – REVISED SEPTEMBER 2019
• Development Tools and Software
– CC26x2R LaunchPad™ Development Kit
– SimpleLink™ CC13x2 and CC26x2 Software
Development Kit (SDK)
• 2400 to 2480 MHz ISM and SRD systems (1)
with down to 4 kHz of receive bandwidth
• Building automation
– Building security systems – motion detector,
electronic smart lock, door and window sensor,
garage door system, gateway
– HVAC – thermostat, wireless environmental
sensor, HVAC system controller, gateway
– Fire safety system – smoke and heat detector,
fire alarm control panel (FACP)
– Video surveillance – IP network camera
– Elevators and escalators – elevator main
control panel for elevators and escalators
(1) See RF Core for additional details on supported protocol
standards, modulation formats, and data rates.
– SmartRF™ Studio for simple radio configuration
– Sensor Controller Studio for building low-power
• Grid infrastructure
– Smart meters – water meter, gas meter,
electricity meter, and heat cost allocators
– Grid communications – wireless
communications – Long-range sensor
– Other alternative energy – energy harvesting
• Industrial transport – asset tracking
• Factory automation and control
• Electronic point of sale (EPOS) –Electronic Shelf
The CC2652R device is a multiprotocol 2.4 GHz wireless microcontroller (MCU) targeting Thread,
Zigbee®, Bluetooth® 5 Low Energy, IEEE 802.15.4g, IPv6-enabled smart objects (6LoWPAN), proprietary
systems, including the SimpleLink™ TI 15.4-Stack (2.4 GHz), and concurrent multiprotocol through a
Dynamic Multiprotocol Manager (DMM) driver. The device is optimized for low-power wireless
communication and advanced sensing in building security systems, HVAC, and medical markets. The
highlighted features of this device include:
• Wide flexibility of protocol stack support in the SimpleLink™ CC13x2 and CC26x2 Software
Development Kit (SDK).
• Longer battery life wireless applications with low standby current of 0.94 µA with full RAM retention.
• Industrial temperature ready with lowest standby current of 11 µA at 105 ⁰C.
• Advanced sensing with a programmable, autonomous ultra-low power Sensor Controller CPU with fast
wake-up capability. As an example, the sensor controller is capable of 1-Hz ADC sampling at 1 µA
• Low SER (Soft Error Rate) FIT (Failure-in-time) for long operation lifetime with no disruption for
industrial markets with always-on SRAM parity against corruption due to potential radiation events.
• Dedicated software controlled radio controller (Arm® Cortex®-M0) providing flexible low-power RF
transceiver capability to support multiple physical layers and RF standards.
• Excellent radio sensitivity and robustness (selectivity and blocking) performance for Bluetooth® Low
Energy (-105 dBm for 125-kbps LE Coded PHY).
The CC2652R device is part of the SimpleLink™ microcontroller (MCU) platform, which consists of
Wi-Fi®, Bluetooth® Low Energy, Thread, Zigbee®, Sub-1 GHz MCUs, and host MCUs that all share a
common, easy-to-use development environment with a single core software development kit (SDK) and
rich tool set. A one-time integration of the SimpleLink™ platform enables you to add any combination of
the portfolio’s devices into your design, allowing 100 percent code reuse when your design requirements
change. For more information, visit SimpleLink™ MCU platform.
2 Device Overview
Submit Documentation Feedback
Product Folder Links: CC2652R
Copyright © 2018–2019, Texas Instruments Incorporated