SNVS168L – JANUARY 2002 – REVISED MAY 2013
LM2794 /LM2795 Current Regulated Switched Capacitor LED Supply with Analog and
PWM Brightness Control
Check for Samples: LM2794, LM2795
•2 Regulated Current Sources with ±0.5%
Matching between any Two Outputs
• High Efficiency 3/2 Boost Function
• Drives One, Two, Three or four White LEDs
• 2.7V to 5.5V Input Voltage
• Up to 80mA Output Current
• Analog Brightness Control
• Active-Low or High Shutdown Input ('94/95)
• Very Small Solution Size and no Inductor
• 2.3µA (typ.) Shutdown Current
• 325kHz Switching Frequency (min.)
• Constant Frequency Generates Predictable
• Thin DSBGA Package: 2.08mm X 2.403mm X
• White LED Display Backlights
• White LED Keypad Backlights
• 1-Cell Li-Ion Battery-Operated Equipment
Including PDAs, Hand-Held PCs, Cellular
The LM2794/95 is a fractional CMOS charge-pump
that provides four regulated current sources. It
accepts an input voltage range from 2.7V to 5.5V and
maintains a constant current determined by an
external sense resistor.
The LM2794/5 delivers up to 80mA of load current to
accommodate four White LEDs. The switching
frequency is 325kHz. (min.) to keep the conducted
noise spectrum away from sensitive frequencies
within portable RF devices.
Basic Application Circuit
Please be aware that an important notice concerning availability, standard warranty, and use in critical applications of
Texas Instruments semiconductor products and disclaimers thereto appears at the end of this data sheet.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
PRODUCTION DATA information is current as of publication date.
Products conform to specifications per the terms of the Texas
Instruments standard warranty. Production processing does not
necessarily include testing of all parameters.
Copyright © 2002–2013, Texas Instruments Incorporated