SNVS745D – APRIL 1998 – REVISED APRIL 2013
These devices have limited built-in ESD protection. The leads should be shorted together or the device placed in conductive foam
during storage or handling to prevent electrostatic damage to the MOS gates.
Absolute Maximum Ratings(1)(2)
Reverse Voltage (100 ms)
Internal Power Dissipation (3)
Reverse Voltage (DC)
Operating Temperature Range
Maximum Junction Temperature
Storage Temperature Range
Lead Temp. (Soldering, 10 seconds)
−40°C to +85°C
−65°C to +150°C
(1) Absolute Maximum Ratings indicate limits beyond which damage to the device may occur. Operating ratings indicate conditions for
which the device is functional, but do not ensure specific performance limits. Electrical Characteristics state DC and AC electrical
specifications under particular test conditions which ensure specific performance limits. This assumes that the device is within the
Operating Ratings. Specifications are not ensured for parameters where no limit is given, however, the typical value is a good indication
of device performance.
(2) If Military/Aerospace specified devices are required, please contact the Texas Instruments Sales Office/Distributors for availability and
(3) Thermal resistance without a heat sink for junction to case temperature is 3°C/W and for case to ambient temperature is 50°C/W for the
TO-220, 73°C/W for the SFM. If the SFM package is used, the thermal resistance can be reduced by increasing the P.C. board copper
area thermally connected to the package. Using 0.5 square inches of copper area, θJA is 50°C/W; with 1 square inch of copper area, θJA
is 37°C/W; and with 1.6 or more square inches of copper area, θJA is 32°C/W.
LM2930-5.0 VIN=14V, IO=150 mA, Tj=25°C (2), C2=10 μF, unless otherwise specified
6V≤VIN≤26V, 5 mA≤IO≤150 mA
Output Noise Voltage
Long Term Stability
Output Voltage Under
9V≤VIN≤16V, IO=5 mA
6V≤VIN≤26V, IO=5 mA
5 mA≤IO≤150 mA
100 mADC & 10 mArms, 100 Hz−10 kHz
10 Hz−100 kHz
(1) All characteristics are measured with a capacitor across the input of 0.1 μF and a capacitor across the output of 10 μF. All
characteristics except noise voltage and ripple rejection ratio are measured using pulse techniques (tW≤10 ms, duty cycle≤5%). Output
voltage changes due to changes in internal temperature must be taken into account separately.
(2) To ensure constant junction temperature, low duty cycle pulse testing is used.
(3) Ensured and 100% production tested.
(4) Ensured (but not 100% production tested) over the operating temperature and input current ranges. These limits are not used to
calculate outgoing quality levels.
Submit Documentation Feedback
Product Folder Links: LM2930
Copyright © 1998–2013, Texas Instruments Incorporated