SNVS475E – NOVEMBER 2006 – REVISED APRIL 2013
LM4128/LM4128Q SOT-23 Precision Micropower Series Voltage Reference
Check for Samples: LM4128, LM4128Q
•2 Output Voltage Initial Accuracy 0.1%
• Low Temperature Coefficient 75 ppm/°C
• Low Supply Current, 60 µA
• Enable Pin Allowing a 3 µA Shutdown Mode
• Up to 20 mA Output Current
• Voltage Options 1.8V, 2.048V, 2.5V, 3.0V, 3.3V,
• Custom Voltage Options Available (1.8V to
• VIN Range of VREF + 400 mV to 5.5V @10 mA
• Stable with Low ESR Ceramic Capacitors
• 5-Pin SOT-23 Package
• −40°C to 125°C Junction Temperature Range
• LM4128AQ/BQ/CQ/DQ are AEC-Q100 Grade 1
Qualified and are Manufactured on an
Automotive Grade Flow
• Instrumentation & Process Control
• Test Equipment
• Data Acquisition Systems
• Base Stations
• Servo Systems
• Portable, Battery Powered Equipment
• Automotive & Industrial Electronics
• Precision Regulators
• Battery Chargers
• Medical Equipment
Ideal for space critical applications, the LM4128
precision voltage reference is available in the SOT-23
surface-mount package. The LM4128’s advanced
design eliminates the need for an external stabilizing
capacitor while ensuring stability with capacitive loads
up to 10 µF, thus making the LM4128 easy to use.
Series references provide lower power consumption
than shunt references, since they do not have to idle
the maximum possible load current under no load
conditions. This advantage, the low quiescent current
(60 µA), and the low dropout voltage (400 mV) make
the LM4128 ideal for battery-powered solutions.
The LM4128 is available in four grades (A, B, C, and
D) for greater flexibility. The best grade devices (A)
have an initial accuracy of 0.1% with ensured
temperature coefficient of 75 ppm/°C or less, while
the lowest grade parts (D) have an initial accuracy of
1.0% and a tempco of 100 ppm/°C.
Typical Application Circuit
*Note: The capacitor CIN is required and
the capacitor COUT is optional.
Please be aware that an important notice concerning availability, standard warranty, and use in critical applications of
Texas Instruments semiconductor products and disclaimers thereto appears at the end of this data sheet.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
PRODUCTION DATA information is current as of publication date.
Products conform to specifications per the terms of the Texas
Instruments standard warranty. Production processing does not
necessarily include testing of all parameters.
Copyright © 2006–2013, Texas Instruments Incorporated