SNAS326K – AUGUST 2006 – REVISED DECEMBER 2013
LM4562 Dual High-Performance, High-Fidelity Audio Operational Amplifier
Check for Samples: LM4562
•2 Easily Drives 600Ω Loads
• Optimized for Superior Audio Signal Fidelity
• Output Short Circuit Protection
• PSRR and CMRR Exceed 120dB (Typ)
• SOIC, PDIP, and TO-99 Packages
• Ultra High-Quality Audio Amplification
• High-Fidelity Preamplifiers
• High-Performance Professional Audio
• High-Fidelity Active Equalization and
• High-Performance Line Drivers and Receivers
• Power Supply Voltage Range: ±2.5V to ± 17V
• THD+N (AV = 1, VOUT = 3VRMS, fIN = 1kHz)
– RL = 2kΩ: 0.00003% (typ)
– RL = 600Ω: 0.00003% (typ)
• Input Noise Density: 2.7nV/√Hz (typ)
• Slew Rate: ±20V/μs (typ)
• Gain Bandwidth Product: 55MHz (typ)
• Open Loop Gain (RL = 600Ω): 140dB (typ)
• Input Bias Current: 10nA (typ)
• Input Offset Voltage: 0.1mV (typ)
• DC Gain Linearity Error: 0.000009%
The LM4562 is part of the ultra-low distortion, low-
noise, high-slew-rate operational amplifier series
optimized and fully specified for high-performance,
high-fidelity applications. The LM4562 audio
operational amplifiers deliver superior audio signal
amplification for outstanding audio performance. The
LM4562 combines extremely low voltage noise
density (2.7nV/√Hz) with vanishingly low THD+N
(0.00003%) to easily satisfy the most demanding
audio applications. To ensure that the most
challenging loads are driven without compromise, the
LM4562 has a high slew rate of ±20V/μs and an
output current capability of ±26mA. Further, dynamic
range is maximized by an output stage that drives
2kΩ loads to within 1V of either power supply voltage
and to within 1.4V when driving 600Ω loads.
The LM4562's outstanding CMRR (120dB), PSRR
(120dB), and VOS (0.1mV) give the amplifier excellent
operational amplifier DC performance.
The LM4562 has a wide supply range of ±2.5V to
±17V. Over this supply range the LM4562’s input
circuitry maintains excellent common-mode and
power supply rejection, as well as maintaining its low
input bias current. The LM4562 is unity gain stable.
This Audio Operational Amplifier achieves
outstanding AC performance while driving complex
loads with values as high as 100pF.
The LM4562 is available in an 8-lead narrow body
SOIC, an 8-lead PDIP, and an 8-lead TO-99.
22 nF//4.7 nF//500 pF
47 nF//33 nF
A. 1% metal film resistors, 5% polypropylene capacitors
Passively Equalized RIAA Phono Preamplifier
Please be aware that an important notice concerning availability, standard warranty, and use in critical applications of
Texas Instruments semiconductor products and disclaimers thereto appears at the end of this data sheet.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
PRODUCTION DATA information is current as of publication date.
Products conform to specifications per the terms of the Texas
Instruments standard warranty. Production processing does not
necessarily include testing of all parameters.
Copyright © 2006–2013, Texas Instruments Incorporated