SNVS001E – APRIL 2000 – REVISED APRIL 2013
LP2980-ADJ Micropower 50 mA Ultra Low-Dropout
Adjustable Voltage Regulator in SOT-23
Check for Samples: LP2980-ADJ
•2 Ultra Low Dropout Voltage
• Output Adjusts from 1.23V to 15V
• Specified 50 mA Output Current
• Uses Tiny SOT-23 Package
• Requires Few External Components
• <1 μA Quiescent Current when Shutdown
• Low Ground Pin Current at All Loads
• High Peak Current Capability (150 mA Typical)
• Wide Supply Voltage Range (2.5V–16V)
• Overtemperature/overcurrent Protection
• −40°C to +125°C Junction Temperature Range
• Cellular Phone
• Palmtop/Laptop Computer
• Camcorder, Personal Stereo, Camera
The LP2980-ADJ is a 50 mA adjustable voltage
regulator designed to provide ultra low dropout in
battery powered applications.
Using an optimized VIP (vertically Integrated PNP)
process, the LP2980-ADJ delivers unequaled
performance in all specifications critical to battery-
Adjustable Output: output voltage can be set from
1.23V to 15V.
Precision Reference: 1.0% tolerance.
Dropout Voltage: typically 120 mV @ 50 mA load,
and 7 mV @ 1 mA load.
Ground Pin Current: typically 320 µA @ 50 mA
load, and 80 µA @ 1 mA load.
Sleep Mode: less than 1 μA quiescent current when
on/off pin is pulled low.
Smallest Possible Size: Package uses minimum
Please be aware that an important notice concerning availability, standard warranty, and use in critical applications of
Texas Instruments semiconductor products and disclaimers thereto appears at the end of this data sheet.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
PRODUCTION DATA information is current as of publication date.
Products conform to specifications per the terms of the Texas
Instruments standard warranty. Production processing does not
necessarily include testing of all parameters.
Copyright © 2000–2013, Texas Instruments Incorporated