SCAS860B – OCTOBER 2008 – REVISED MARCH 2012
RAD-TOLERANT CLASS V, HEX SCHMITT-TRIGGER INVERTER
Check for Samples: SN54AC14-SP
• 2-V to 6-V VCC Operation
• Inputs Accept Voltages to 6 V
• Max tpd of 9.5 ns at 5 V
• Rad-Tolerant: 50 kRad(Si) TID (1)
– TID Dose Rate < 2mRad/sec
• QML-V Qualified, SMD 5962-87624
(1) Radiation tolerance is a typical value based upon initial device
qualification. Radiation Lot Acceptance Testing is available -
contact factory for details.
J OR W PACKAGE
These Schmitt-trigger devices contain six independent inverters. They perform the Boolean function Y = A.
Because of the Schmitt action, they have different input threshold levels for positive-going (VT+) and for negative-
going (VT–) signals.
These circuits are temperature compensated and can be triggered from the slowest of input ramps and still give
clean, jitter-free output signals. They also have a greater noise margin than conventional inverters.
–55°C to 125°C
CDIP – J
CFP – W
ORDERABLE PART NUMBER
(1) For the most current package and ordering information, see the Package Option Addendum at the end of this document, or see the TI
web site at www.ti.com.
(2) Package drawings, thermal data, and symbolization are available at www.ti.com/packaging.
LOGIC DIAGRAM, EACH INVERTER (POSITIVE LOGIC)
Please be aware that an important notice concerning availability, standard warranty, and use in critical applications of
Texas Instruments semiconductor products and disclaimers thereto appears at the end of this data sheet.
PRODUCTION DATA information is current as of publication date.
Products conform to specifications per the terms of the Texas
Instruments standard warranty. Production processing does not
necessarily include testing of all parameters.
Copyright © 2008–2012, Texas Instruments Incorporated