SN75C1167, SN65C1168, SN75C1168
SLLS159F – MARCH 1993 – REVISED NOVEMBER 2009
DUAL DIFFERENTIAL DRIVERS AND RECEIVERS
Check for Samples: SN65C1167 SN75C1167 SN65C1168 SN75C1168
• Meet or Exceed Standards TIA/EIA-422-B and
ITU Recommendation V.11
• BiCMOS Process Technology
• Low Supply-Current Requirements: 9 mA Max
• Low Pulse Skew
• Receiver Input Impedance . . . 17 kΩ Typ
• Receiver Input Sensitivity . . . ±200 mV
• Receiver Common-Mode Input Voltage Range
of −7 V to 7 V
• Operate From Single 5-V Power Supply
• Glitch-Free Power-Up/Power-Down Protection
• Receiver 3-State Outputs Active-Low Enable
for SN65C1167 and SN75C1167 Only
• Improved Replacements for the MC34050 and
SN65C1167 . . . DB OR NS PACKAGE
SN75C1167 . . . DB, N, OR NS PACKAGE
SN65C1168 . . . N, NS, OR PW PACKAGE
SN75C1168 . . . DB, N, NS, OR PW PACKAGE
The SN65C1167, SN75C1167, SN65C1168, and SN75C1168 dual drivers and receivers are integrated circuits
designed for balanced transmission lines. The devices meet TIA/EIA-422-B and ITU recommendation V.11.
The SN65C1167 and SN75C1167 combine dual 3-state differential line drivers and 3-state differential line
receivers, both of which operate from a single 5-V power supply. The driver and receiver have active-high and
active-low enables, respectively, which can be connected together externally to function as direction control. The
SN65C1168 and SN75C1168 drivers have individual active-high enables.
Please be aware that an important notice concerning availability, standard warranty, and use in critical applications of Texas
Instruments semiconductor products and disclaimers thereto appears at the end of this data sheet.
PRODUCTION DATA information is current as of publication date.
Products conform to specifications per the terms of the Texas
Instruments standard warranty. Production processing does not
necessarily include testing of all parameters.
Copyright © 1993–2009, Texas Instruments Incorporated