SCES633 – JUNE 2005
Memory Stick™ INTERCONNECT EXTENDER CHIPSET WITH LVDS
SN65LVDT14 – ONE DRIVER PLUS FOUR RECEIVERS
SN65LVDT41 – FOUR DRIVERS PLUS ONE RECEIVER
• Controlled Baseline
– One Assembly/Test Site, One Fabrication
• Enhanced Diminishing Manufacturing
Sources (DMS) Support
• Enhanced Product-Change Notification
• Qualification Pedigree (1)
• Integrated 110-Ω Nominal Receiver Line
• Operate From a Single 3.3-V Supply
• Greater Than 125-Mbps Data Rate
• Flow-Through Pinout
• LVTTL-Compatible Logic I/Os
• ESD Protection on Bus Pins Exceeds 12 kV
• Meet or Exceed Requirements of
ANSI/TIA/EIA-644A Standard for LVDS
• 20-Pin Thin Shrink Small-Outline
Package (PW) With 26-Mil Terminal Pitch
(1) Component qualification in accordance with JEDEC and
industry standards to ensure reliable operation over an
extended temperature range. This includes, but is not limited
to, Highly Accelerated Stress Test (HAST) or biased 85/85,
temperature cycle, autoclave or unbiased HAST,
electromigration, bond intermetallic life, and mold compound
life. Such qualification testing should not be viewed as
justifying use of this component beyond specified
performance and environmental limits.
• Memory Stick™ Interface Extensions With
Long Interconnects Between Host and
• Serial Peripheral Interface™ (SPI™) Interface
Extension to Allow Long Interconnects
Between Master and Slave
• MultiMediaCard™ (MMC) Interface in SPI
• General-Purpose Asymmetric Bidirectional
The SN65LVDT14 combines one LVDS line driver
with four terminated LVDS line receivers in one
package. It is designed to be used at the Memory
Stick™ end of an LVDS-based Memory Stick
The SN65LVDT41 combines four LVDS line drivers
with a single terminated LVDS line receiver in one
package. It is designed to be used at the host end of
an LVDS-based Memory Stick interface extension.
Please be aware that an important notice concerning availability, standard warranty, and use in critical applications of Texas
Instruments semiconductor products and disclaimers thereto appears at the end of this data sheet.
Serial Peripheral Interface, SPI are trademarks of Motorola.
MultiMediaCard is a trademark of MultiMediaCard Association.
Memory Stick is a trademark of Sony.
PRODUCTION DATA information is current as of publication date.
Products conform to specifications per the terms of the Texas
Instruments standard warranty. Production processing does not
necessarily include testing of all parameters.
Copyright © 2005, Texas Instruments Incorporated
On products compliant to MIL-PRF-38535, all parameters are
tested unless otherwise noted. On all other products, production
processing does not necessarily include testing of all parameters.