• Member of the Texas Instruments Widebus+™
• Optimized for 1.8-V Operation and Is 3.6-V I/O
Tolerant to Support Mixed-Mode Signal
• Ioff Supports Partial-Power-Down Mode
• Sub-1-V Operable
32-BIT BUS TRANSCEIVER
WITH 3-STATE OUTPUTS
SCES410C – AUGUST 2002 – REVISED MARCH 2005
• Max tpd of 2 ns at 1.8 V
• Low Power Consumption, 40-µA Max ICC
• ±8-mA Output Drive at 1.8 V
• Latch-Up Performance Exceeds 100 mA Per
JESD 78, Class II
• ESD Protection Exceeds JESD 22
– 2000-V Human-Body Model (A114-A)
– 200-V Machine Model (A115-A)
– 1000-V Charged-Device Model (C101)
This 32-bit noninverting bus transceiver is operational at 0.8-V to 2.7-V VCC, but is designed specifically for
1.65-V to 1.95-V VCC operation.
The SN74AUC32245 is designed for asynchronous communication between data buses. The control-function
implementation minimizes external timing requirements.
This device can be used as four 8-bit transceivers, two 16-bit transceivers, or one 32-bit transceiver. It allows
data transmission from the A bus to the B bus or from the B bus to the A bus, depending on the logic level at the
direction-control (DIR) input. The output-enable (OE) input can be used to disable the device so that the buses
are effectively isolated.
To ensure the high-impedance state during power up or power down, OE should be tied to VCC through a pullup
resistor; the minimum value of the resistor is determined by the current-sinking capability of the driver.
This device is fully specified for partial-power-down applications using Ioff. The Ioff circuitry disables the outputs,
preventing damaging current backflow through the device when it is powered down.
–40°C to 85°C
LFBGA – GKE
Tape and reel
ORDERABLE PART NUMBER
(1) Package drawings, standard packing quantities, thermal data, symbolization, and PCB design guidelines are available at
Please be aware that an important notice concerning availability, standard warranty, and use in critical applications of Texas
Instruments semiconductor products and disclaimers thereto appears at the end of this data sheet.
Widebus+ is a trademark of Texas Instruments.
PRODUCTION DATA information is current as of publication date.
Products conform to specifications per the terms of the Texas
Instruments standard warranty. Production processing does not
necessarily include testing of all parameters.
Copyright © 2002–2005, Texas Instruments Incorporated