SCLS719 – FEBRUARY 2010
8-BIT SHIFT REGISTERS WITH 3-STATE OUTPUT REGISTERS
Check for Samples: SN74HC595-EP
• 8-Bit Serial-In, Parallel-Out Shift
• Wide Operating Voltage Range of 2 V to 6 V
• High-Current 3-State Outputs Can Drive Up To
15 LSTTL Loads
• Low Power Consumption: 80-mA (Max) ICC
• tpd = 13 ns (Typ)
• ±6-mA Output Drive at 5 V
• Low Input Current: 1 mA (Max)
• Shift Register Has Direct Clear
SUPPORTS DEFENSE, AEROSPACE,
AND MEDICAL APPLICATIONS
• Controlled Baseline
• One Assembly/Test Site
• One Fabrication Site
• Available in Military (–55°C/125°C)
• Extended Product Life Cycle
• Extended Product-Change Notification
• Product Traceability
(1) Additional temperature ranges available - contact factory
The SN74HC595 contains an 8-bit serial-in, parallel-out shift register that feeds an 8-bit D-type storage register.
The storage register has parallel 3-state outputs. Separate clocks are provided for both the shift and storage
register. The shift register has a direct overriding clear (SRCLR) input, serial (SER) input, and serial outputs for
cascading. When the output-enable (OE) input is high, the outputs are in the high-impedance state.
Both the shift register clock (SRCLK) and storage register clock (RCLK) are positive-edge triggered. If both
clocks are connected together, the shift register always is one clock pulse ahead of the storage register.
Please be aware that an important notice concerning availability, standard warranty, and use in critical applications of Texas
Instruments semiconductor products and disclaimers thereto appears at the end of this data sheet.
PRODUCTION DATA information is current as of publication date.
Products conform to specifications per the terms of the Texas
Instruments standard warranty. Production processing does not
necessarily include testing of all parameters.
Copyright © 2010, Texas Instruments Incorporated