SLOS556B – NOVEMBER 2008 – REVISED NOVEMBER 2009
20-W STEREO DIGITAL AUDIO POWER AMPLIFIER WITH EQ AND DRC
Check for Samples: TAS5707 TAS5707A
•23 Audio Input/Output
– 20-W Into an 8-Ω Load From an 18-V Supply
– Wide PVDD Range, From 8 V to 26 V
– Efficient Class-D Operation Eliminates
Need for Heatsinks
– Requires Only 3.3 V and PVDD
– One Serial Audio Input (Two Audio
– Supports 8-kHz to 48-kHz Sample Rate
• Audio/PWM Processing
– Independent Channel Volume Controls With
24 dB to Mute
– Soft Mute (50% Duty Cycle)
– Programmable Dynamic Range Control
– 14 Programmable Biquads for Speaker EQ
and Other Audio Processing Features
– Programmable Coefficients for DRC Filters
– DC Blocking Filters
• General Features
– Serial Control Interface Operational Without
– Factory-Trimmed Internal Oscillator for
Automatic Rate Detection
– Surface Mount, 48-PIN, 7-mm × 7-mm
– Thermal and Short-Circuit Protection
– EQ: Speaker Equalization Improves Audio
– DRC: Dynamic Range Compression. Can
Be Used As Power Limiter. Enables
Speaker Protection, Easy Listening,
– Autobank Switching: Preload Coefficients
for Different Sample Rates. No Need to
Write New Coefficients to the Part When
Sample Rate Changes.
– Autodetect: Automatically Detects
Sample-Rate Changes. No Need for
External Microprocessor Intervention
• iPod™ Dock
• Sound Bar
The TAS5707 is a 20-W, efficient, digital-audio power
amplifier for driving stereo bridge-tied speakers. One
serial data input allows processing of up to two
discrete audio channels and seamless integration to
most digital audio processors and MPEG decoders.
The device accepts a wide range of input data and
data rates. A fully programmable data path routes
these channels to the internal speaker drivers.
The TAS5707 is a slave-only device receiving all
clocks from external sources. The TAS5707 operates
with a PWM carrier between a 384-kHz switching rate
and 352-KHz switching rate, depending on the input
sample rate. Oversampling combined with a
fourth-order noise shaper provides a flat noise floor
and excellent dynamic range from 20 Hz to 20 kHz..
The TAS5707A is identical in function to the HTQFP
packaged TAS5707, but has a unique I2C device
address. The address of the TAS5707 is 0x36. The
address of the TAS5707A is 0x3A.
Please be aware that an important notice concerning availability, standard warranty, and use in critical applications of Texas
Instruments semiconductor products and disclaimers thereto appears at the end of this data sheet.
iPod is a trademark of Apple Inc.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
PRODUCTION DATA information is current as of publication date.
Products conform to specifications per the terms of the Texas
Instruments standard warranty. Production processing does not
necessarily include testing of all parameters.
Copyright © 2008–2009, Texas Instruments Incorporated