SLVSCF8 – JULY 2014
TPS54060-EP 0.5-A, 60-V Step-Down DC/DC Converter With Eco-Mode™
•1 3.5- to 60-V Input Voltage Range
• 200-mΩ High-Side MOSFET
• High Efficiency at Light Loads With a Pulse
• 116-μA Operating Quiescent Current
• 1.3-μA Shutdown Current
• 100-kHz to 2.5-MHz Switching Frequency
• Synchronizes to External Clock
• Adjustable Slow Start/Sequencing
• UV and OV Power Good Output
• Adjustable UVLO Voltage and Hysteresis
• 0.8-V Internal Voltage Reference
• MSOP10 Package With PowerPAD™
• Supported by SwitcherPro™ Software Tool
• Supports Defense, Aerospace, and Medical
– Controlled Baseline
– One Assembly and Test Site
– One Fabrication Site
– Available in Military (–55°C to 125°C)
– Extended Product Life Cycle
– Extended Product-Change Notification
– Product Traceability
• 12-V, 24-V, and 48-V Industrial and Commercial
Low Power Systems
• Aftermarket Auto Accessories: Video, GPS,
The TPS54060 device is a 60-V, 0.5-A, step-down
regulator with an integrated high-side MOSFET.
Current mode control provides simple external
compensation and flexible component selection. A
low-ripple pulse skip mode reduces the no load,
regulated output supply current to 116 μA. Using the
enable pin, shutdown supply current is reduced to
1.3 μA when the enable pin is low.
Undervoltage lockout is internally set at 2.5 V, but
can be increased using the enable pin. The output
voltage startup ramp is controlled by the slow start
pin that can also be configured for
sequencing/tracking. An open-drain power good
signal indicates the output is within 93% to 107% of
its nominal voltage.
A wide switching frequency range allows efficiency
and external component size to be optimized.
Frequency fold back and thermal shutdown protects
the part during an overload condition.
The TPS54060 is available in a 10-pin thermally-
enhanced MSOP10 PowerPAD package.
BODY SIZE (NOM)
TPS54060MDGQTEP HVSSOP (10) 3.00 mm × 3.00 mm
(1) For all available packages, see the orderable addendum at
the end of the data sheet.
4 Simplified Schematic
Efficiency vs Load Current
VI = 12 V
VO = 3.3 V
ƒsw = 500 kHz
0.05 0.1 0.15 0.2 0.25 0.3 0.35 0.4 0.45 0.5
Load Current (A)
An IMPORTANT NOTICE at the end of this data sheet addresses availability, warranty, changes, use in safety-critical applications,
intellectual property matters and other important disclaimers. PRODUCTION DATA.