SLVSA25A – JANUARY 2010 – REVISED MARCH 2011
0.5-A 60-V STEP-DOWN SWIFT™ DC/DC CONVERTER WITH Eco-mode™
Check for Samples: TPS54060-Q1
• Qualified for Automotive Applications
• 3.5-V to 60-V Input Voltage Range
• 200-mΩ High-Side MOSFET
• High Efficiency at Light Loads with a Pulse
Skipping Eco-mode™ Control Scheme
• 116-μA Operating Quiescent Current
• 1.3-μA Shutdown Current
• 100-kHz to 2.5-MHz Switching Frequency
• Synchronizes to External Clock
• Adjustable Slow Start/Sequencing
• Undervoltage and Overvoltage Power Good
• Adjustable UVLO Voltage and Hysteresis
• 0.8-V Internal Voltage Reference
• Supported by SwitcherPro™ Software Tool
• For SWIFT™ Documentation, See the TI
Website at http://www.ti.com/swift
• 12-V, 24-V and 48-V Industrial and Commercial
Low Power Systems
• Aftermarket Auto Accessories: Video, GPS,
The TPS54060 device is a 60-V 0.5-A step-down regulator with an integrated high-side MOSFET. Current-mode
control provides simple external compensation and flexible component selection. A low-ripple pulse-skip mode
reduces the no load, regulated output supply current to 116 μA. Using the enable pin, shutdown supply current is
reduced to 1.3 μA, when the enable pin is low.
Under voltage lockout is internally set at 2.5 V, but can be increased using the enable pin. The output voltage
startup ramp is controlled by the slow start pin that can also be configured for sequencing/tracking. An
open-drain power good signal indicates the output is within 93% to 107% of its nominal voltage.
A wide switching frequency range allows efficiency and external component size to be optimized. Frequency fold
back and thermal shutdown protects the part during an overload condition.
The TPS54060 is available in a 10-pin thermally enhanced MSOP PowerPAD™ package (DGQ) and a 10-pin
SON package (DRC).
30 VI = 12 V,
20 VO = 3.3 V,
fsw = 500 kHz
0 0.05 0.1 0.15 0.2 0.25 0.3 0.35 0.4 0.45 0.5
Load Current - A
Please be aware that an important notice concerning availability, standard warranty, and use in critical applications of Texas
Instruments semiconductor products and disclaimers thereto appears at the end of this data sheet.
PRODUCTION DATA information is current as of publication date.
Products conform to specifications per the terms of the Texas
Instruments standard warranty. Production processing does not
necessarily include testing of all parameters.
Copyright © 2010–2011, Texas Instruments Incorporated