SLVSAT1 – JUNE 2011
4.5-V to 18-V, 3-A OUTPUT SYNCHRONOUS STEP DOWN SWITCHER
WITH INTEGRATED FET ( SWIFT™)
Check for Samples: TPS54325-Q1
•23 Qualified for Automotive Applications
• D-CAP2™ Mode Enables Fast Transient
• Low Output Ripple and Allows Ceramic Output
• Wide VCC Input Voltage Range: 4.5 V to 18 V
• Wide VIN Input Voltage Range: 2.0 V to 18 V
• Output Voltage Range: 0.76 V to 5.5 V
• Highly Efficient Integrated FET’s Optimized
for Lower Duty Cycle Applications
–120 mΩ (High Side) and 70 mΩ (Low Side)
• High Efficiency, less than 10 μA at shutdown
• High Initial Bandgap Reference Accuracy
• Adjustable Soft Start
• Pre-Biased Soft Start
• 700-kHz Switching Frequency (fSW)
• Cycle By Cycle Over Current Limit
• Power Good Output
• Wide Range of Applications for Low Voltage
– Digital TV Power Supply
– High Definition Blue-ray Disc™ Players
– Networking Home Terminal
– Digital Set Top Box (STB)
The TPS54325-Q1 is an adaptive on-time D-CAP2™ mode synchronous buck converter. The TPS54325-Q1
enables system designers to complete the suite of various end equipment’s power bus regulators with a cost
effective, low component count, low standby current solution. The main control loop for the TPS54325-Q1 uses
the D-CAP2™ mode control which provides a very fast transient response with no external components. The
TPS54325-Q1 also has a proprietary circuit that enables the device to adapt to both low equivalent series
resistance (ESR) output capacitors, such as POSCAP or SP-CAP, and ultra-low ESR ceramic capacitors. The
device operates from 4.5-V to 18-V VCC input , and from 2.0-V to 18-V VIN input power supply voltage. The
output voltage can be programmed between 0.76 V and 5.5 V. The device also features an adjustable slow start
time and a power good function. The TPS54325-Q1 is available in the 14 pin HTSSOP package, and designed to
operate from –40°C to 105°C.
VOUT (50 mV / div)
100 µs / div
IOUT (2 A / div)
Please be aware that an important notice concerning availability, standard warranty, and use in critical applications of Texas
Instruments semiconductor products and disclaimers thereto appears at the end of this data sheet.
SWIFT, D-CAP2, PowerPAD are trademarks of Texas Instruments.
Blue-ray Disc is a trademark of Blu-ray Disc.
PRODUCTION DATA information is current as of publication date.
Products conform to specifications per the terms of the Texas
Instruments standard warranty. Production processing does not
necessarily include testing of all parameters.
Copyright © 2011, Texas Instruments Incorporated