TPS650241-Q1, TPS650243-Q1, TPS650244-Q1
SLVS994A – SEPTEMBER 2009 – REVISED MARCH 2011
POWER MANAGEMENT ICs FOR Li-ION POWERED SYSTEMS
Check for Samples: TPS650241-Q1, TPS650243-Q1, TPS650244-Q1
• Qualified for Automotive Applications
• 1.6-A, 1.0-A or 0.8-A, 97% Efficient Step-Down
Converter for System Voltage (VDCDC1)
– 3.3-V or 2.80-V or Adjustable
• 1.6-A, 1.0-A or 0.8-A, up to 95% Efficient
Step-Down Converter for Memory Voltage
• Cellular/Smart Phone
• Digital Still Camera
• Split Supply DSP and Microprocessor
Solutions: Samsung ARM-Based Processors,
– 1.8 V or 2.5 V or Adjustable
• 0.8-A 90% Efficient Step-Down Converter for
Processor Core (VDCDC3)
• Three Selectable Voltages for VDCDC3
– DEFDCDC3 = LOW: VO = 0.9 V
– DEFDCDC3 = HIGH: VO = 1.375 V
– DEFDCDC3 = LOW: VO = 1.0 V
– DEFDCDC3 = HIGH: VO = 1.2 V
– DEFDCDC3 = LOW: VO = 1.55 V
– DEFDCDC3 = HIGH: VO = 1.6 V
• 30-mA LDO for Vdd_alive
• Two 200-mA General Purpose LDOs (LDO1
• Dynamic Voltage Management for Processor
• LDO1 and LDO2 Voltage Externally Adjustable
• Separate Enable Pins for Inductive Converters
• 2.25-MHz Switching Frequency
• 85-μA Quiescent Current
• Thermal Shutdown Protection
The TPS65024x are integrated Power Management
ICs for applications powered by one Li-Ion or
Li-Polymer cell, which require multiple power rails.
The TPS65024x provide three highly efficient,
step-down converters targeted at providing the core
voltage, peripheral, I/O and memory rails in a
processor based system. All three step-down
converters enter a low power mode at light load for
maximum efficiency across the widest possible range
of load currents. The converters can be forced into
fixed frequency PWM mode by pulling the MODE pin
high. The TPS65024x also integrate two general
purpose 200-mA LDO voltage regulators, which are
enabled with an external input pin. Each LDO
operates with an input voltage range between 1.5 V
and 6.5 V, allowing them to be supplied from one of
the step-down converters or directly from the battery.
The output voltage of the LDOs can be set with an
external resistor divider for maximum flexibility.
Additionally there is a 30-mA LDO typically used to
provide power in a processor based system to a
voltage rail that is always on. TPS65024x provide
voltage scaling on DCDC3 using the DEFDCDC3 pin.
This pin either needs to be connected to a logic HIGH
or logic LOW level to set the output voltage of
DCDC3. TPS65024x come in a small 5-mm x 5-mm
32-pin QFN package (RHB).
ORDERABLE PART NUMBER
–40°C to 125°C
QFN – RHB
Reel of 3000
–40°C to 85°C
(1) For the most current package and ordering information, see the Package Option Addendum at the end of this document, or see the TI
web site at www.ti.com.
(2) Package drawings, thermal data, and symbolization are available at www.ti.com/packaging.
Please be aware that an important notice concerning availability, standard warranty, and use in critical applications of Texas
Instruments semiconductor products and disclaimers thereto appears at the end of this data sheet.
PRODUCTION DATA information is current as of publication date.
Products conform to specifications per the terms of the Texas
Instruments standard warranty. Production processing does not
necessarily include testing of all parameters.
Copyright © 2009–2011, Texas Instruments Incorporated