SBVS191B – APRIL 2012 – REVISED AUGUST 2014
TPS799Lxx 200-mA, Low-Dropout Linear Regulator
with Built-In Inrush Current Protection
•1 200-mA Low-Dropout Regulator with EN
• Multiple Output Voltage Versions Available:
– TPS799L: Fixed Outputs of 5.2 V to 6.2 V
Using Innovative Factory EEPROM
– TPS799L57: 5.7-V Output
– TPS799L54: 5.4-V Output
– TPS799: Output Options Less Than 5.2 V
• Inrush current Protection with EN Toggle
• Low IQ: 40 μA
• High PSRR: 66 dB at 1 kHz
• Stable with a Low-ESR, 2.0-μF Typical Output
• Excellent Load and Line Transient Response
• 2% Overall Accuracy (Load, Line, and
• Very Low Dropout: 100 mV
• Package: 5-Bump, Thin, 1-mm × 1.37-mm
• Cellular Phones
• Wireless LAN, Bluetooth®
• VCOs, RF
• Handheld Organizers, PDAs
The TPS799L family of low-dropout (LDO), low-power
linear regulators offers excellent ac performance with
very low ground current. High power-supply rejection
ratio (PSRR), low noise, fast start-up, and excellent
line and load transient response are provided while
consuming a very low 40-μA (typical) ground current.
The TPS799Lxx is stable with ceramic capacitors and
uses an advanced BiCMOS fabrication process to
yield a dropout voltage of typically 100 mV at a
200-mA output. The TPS799L uses a precision
voltage reference and feedback loop to achieve an
overall accuracy of 2% over all load, line, process,
and temperature variations. The TPS799L features
inrush current protection when the EN toggle is used
to start the device, immediately clamping the current.
All devices are fully specified over the temperature
range of TJ = –40°C to 125°C, and offered in a low-
profile, die-sized ball grid array (DSBGA) package,
ideal for wireless handsets and WLAN cards.
BODY SIZE (NOM)
1.57 mm × 1.20 mm
(1) For all available packages, see the package option addendum
at the end of the datasheet.
Typical Application Circuit
Optional input capacitor.
May improve source
impedance, noise, or PSRR.
EN GND NR
Optional bypass capacitor
to reduce output noise
and increase PSRR.
An IMPORTANT NOTICE at the end of this data sheet addresses availability, warranty, changes, use in safety-critical applications,
intellectual property matters and other important disclaimers. PRODUCTION DATA.