SCES711A – JUNE 2011 – REVISED JUNE 2011
A Inter Chip-USB Voltage Level Translator
Check for Samples: TXS0202
• No Direction Control Signal Required
• VCCA, VCCB Supply Voltage: 1.65 V to 3.6 V
• Meets All Requirements of the IC-USB
• Small Packages: WCSP
• Latch-Up Performance Exceeds 100 mA Per
JESD 78, Class II
• Ioff Supports Partial-Power-Down Mode
• ESD Performance
– A port (Host-Side)
– 2000-V Human-Body Model
– 100-V Machine Model
– 500-V Charged-Device Model
– B port (Peripheral-Side)
– >4kV HBM
Table 1. YZP TERMINAL ASSIGNMENTS
(Top Through View)
The TXS0202 is a 2-bit voltage level translator optimized for use in Interchip USB (IC-USB) applications. VCCA
and VCCB can each operate over the full range of 1.65 V to 3.6 V. The device has been designed to maintain
cross-over skew to be less than 1 ns. The device has integrated pull-ups and pull-down resistors to aid in the
protocol communication between a host and a peripheral. The translator is a buffered auto-direction sensing type
translator. When the output-enable (OE) input is low, all outputs are placed in the high-impedance state.
This device is fully specified for partial-power-down applications using Ioff. The Ioff circuitry disables the outputs,
preventing damaging current backflow through the device when it is powered down. To ensure the
high-impedance state during power up or power down, OE should be tied to GND through a pull-down resistor;
the minimum value of the resistor is determined by the current-sourcing capability of the driver.
–40°C to 85°C
ORDERABLE PART NUMBER
WSCP – YZP
Tape and reel
_ _ _ 7PS _(3)
(1) For the most current package and ordering information, see the Package Option Addendum at the end of this document, or see the TI
website at www.ti.com.
(2) Package drawings, thermal data, and symbolization are available at www.ti.com/packaging.
(3) YZP: The actual top-side marking has three preceding characters to denote year, month, and sequence code, and one following
character to designate the wafer fab/assembly site.
Please be aware that an important notice concerning availability, standard warranty, and use in critical applications of Texas
Instruments semiconductor products and disclaimers thereto appears at the end of this data sheet.
PRODUCTION DATA information is current as of publication date.
Products conform to specifications per the terms of the Texas
Instruments standard warranty. Production processing does not
necessarily include testing of all parameters.
Copyright © 2011, Texas Instruments Incorporated