SCES690 – DECEMBER 2009
MMC, SD CARD, Memory Stick™ VOLTAGE-TRANSLATION TRANSCEIVER AND LDO
VOLTAGE REGULATOR WITH ESD PROTECTION AND EMI FILTERING
• Level Translator
– VCCA Range of 1.1 V to 3.6 V
– Fast Propagation Delay (4 ns Max When
Translating Between 1.8 V and 2.9 V)
• Low-Dropout (LDO) Regulator
– 200-mA LDO Regulator With Enable
– 2.9-V Output Voltage
– 3.05-V to 5.5-V Input Voltage Range
– Very Low Dropout: 200 mV at 200 mA
• ESD Protection Exceeds JESD 22 (A Port)
– 2000-V Human-Body Model (A114-B)
– 1000-V Charged-Device Model (C101)
• ±8-kV Contact Discharge IEC 61000-4-2 ESD
The TXS0206-29 is a complete solution for interfacing microprocessors with MultiMediaCards (MMCs), secure
digital (SD) cards, and Memory Stick™ cards. It is comprised of a high-speed level translator, a low-dropout
(LDO) voltage regulator, IEC level ESD protection, and EMI filtering circuitry.
The voltage-level translator has two supply voltage pins. VCCA can be operated over the full range of 1.1 V to
3.6 V. VCCB is set at 2.9 V and is supplied by an internal LDO. The integrated LDO accepts input voltages from
3.05V to as high as 5.5 V and outputs 2.9 V, 200 mA to the B-side circuitry and to the external memory card. The
TXS0206-29 enables system designers to easily interface low-voltage microprocessors to memory cards
operating at 2.9 V.
Memory card standards recommend high-ESD protection for devices that connect directly to the external memory
card. To meet this need, the TXS0206-29 incorporates ±8-kV Contact Discharge protection on the card side.
Since memory cards are widely used in mobile phones, PDAs, digital cameras, personal media players,
camcorders, set-top boxes, etc. Low static power consumption and small package size make the TXS0206-29 an
ideal choice for these applications. The TXS0206-29 is offered in a 20-bump wafer chip scale package (WCSP).
This package has dimensions of 1.96 mm × 1.56 mm, with a 0.4-mm ball pitch for effective board-space savings
–40°C to 85°C
ORDERABLE PART NUMBER
WCSP – YFP (Pb-free)
Tape and reel
(1) For the most current package and ordering information, see the Package Option Addendum at the end of this document, or see the TI
web site at www.ti.com.
(2) Package drawings, thermal data, and symbolization are available at www.ti.com/packaging.
(3) The actual top-side marking has three preceding characters to denote year, month, and sequence code.
Please be aware that an important notice concerning availability, standard warranty, and use in critical applications of Texas
Instruments semiconductor products and disclaimers thereto appears at the end of this data sheet.
PRODUCTION DATA information is current as of publication date.
Products conform to specifications per the terms of the Texas
Instruments standard warranty. Production processing does not
necessarily include testing of all parameters.
Copyright © 2009, Texas Instruments Incorporated