SCES697C – AUGUST 2009 – REVISED JANUARY 2010
MMC, SD CARD, Memory Stick™ VOLTAGE-TRANSLATION TRANSCEIVER
WITH ESD PROTECTION AND EMI FILTERING
Check for Samples: TXS0206
•2 Level Translator
– VCCA and VCCB Range of 1.1 V to 3.6 V
– Fast Propagation Delay (4 ns Max When
Translating Between 1.8 V and 3 V)
• Integrated EMI Filtering and ESD Protection
• ESD Protection Exceeds JESD 22 (A Port)
– 2500-V Human-Body Model (A114-B)
– 250-V Machine Model (A115-A)
– 1500-V Charged-Device Model (C101)
• ±8-kV Contact Discharge IEC 61000-4-2 ESD
The TXS0206 is a level shifter for interfacing microprocessors with MultiMediaCards (MMCs), secure digital (SD)
cards, and Memory Stick™ cards. It includes a high-speed level translator along with ESD protection and EMI
The voltage-level translator has two supply voltage pins. VCCA as well as VCCB can be operated over the full
range of 1.1 V to 3.6 V. The TXS0206 enables system designers to easily interface applications processors or
digital basebands to memory cards and SDIO peripherals operating at a different I/O voltage level.
Memory card standards recommend high-ESD protection for devices that connect directly to the external memory
card. To meet this need, the TXS0206 incorporates ±8-kV Contact Discharge protection on the card side.
The TXS0206 is offered in a 20-bump wafer chip scale package (WCSP). This package has dimensions of
1.96 mm × 1.56 mm, with a 0.4-mm ball pitch for effective board-space savings. Memory cards are widely used
in mobile phones, PDAs, digital cameras, personal media players, camcorders, set-top boxes, etc. Low static
power consumption and small package size make the TXS0206 an ideal choice for these applications.
–40°C to 85°C
ORDERABLE PART NUMBER
WCSP – YFP (Pb-free)
Tape and reel
_ _ _3T_
(1) For the most current package and ordering information, see the Package Option Addendum at the end of this document, or see the TI
web site at www.ti.com.
(2) Package drawings, thermal data, and symbolization are available at www.ti.com/packaging.
(3) YFP: The actual top-side marking has three preceding characters to denote year, month, and sequence code, and one following
character to designate the assembly/test site. Pin 1 identifier indicates solder-bump composition (1 = SnPb, •= Pb-free).
Please be aware that an important notice concerning availability, standard warranty, and use in critical applications of Texas
Instruments semiconductor products and disclaimers thereto appears at the end of this data sheet.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
PRODUCTION DATA information is current as of publication date.
Products conform to specifications per the terms of the Texas
Instruments standard warranty. Production processing does not
necessarily include testing of all parameters.
Copyright © 2009–2010, Texas Instruments Incorporated