Quad 2-input multiplexer
Rev. 9 — 19 March 2020
Product data sheet
1. General description
The 74LVC157A is a quad 2-input multiplexer which select four bits of data from two sources under
the control of a common select input (S). The four outputs present the selected data in the true
(non-inverted) form. The enable input (E) is active LOW. When pin E is HIGH, all of the outputs (1Y
to 4Y) are forced LOW regardless of all the other input conditions. Moving the data from two groups
of registers to four common output buses is a common use of the 74LVC157A. The state of the
common data select input (S) determines the particular register from which the data comes. It can
also be used as function generator.
It is useful for implementing highly irregular logic by generating any 4 of the 16 different functions of
two variables with one variable common.
The device is the logic implementation of a 4-pole, 2-position switch, where the position of the
switch is determined by the logic levels applied to pin S.
Inputs can be driven from either 3.3 V or 5 V devices. This feature allows the use of these devices
as translators in mixed 3.3 V and 5 V applications.
2. Features and benefits
• 5 V tolerant inputs for interfacing with 5 V logic
• Wide supply voltage range from 1.2 V to 3.6 V
• CMOS low power consumption
• Direct interface with TTL levels
• Complies with JEDEC standard:
• • JESD8-7A (1.65 V to 1.95 V)
• JESD8-5A (2.3 V to 2.7 V)
• JESD8-C/JESD36 (2.7 V to 3.6 V)
• ESD protection:
• HBM JESD22-A114F exceeds 2000 V
• MM JESD22-A115-B exceeds 200 V
• CDM JESD22-C101E exceeds 1000 V
• Specified from -40 °C to +85 °C and -40 °C to +125 °C