16-bit edge-triggered D-type flip-flop; 5 V tolerant; 3-state
Rev. 12 — 20 November 2018
Product data sheet
1. General description
The 74LVC16374A and 74LVCH16374A are 16-bit edge-triggered flip-flops featuring separate
D-type inputs with bus hold (74LVCH16374A only) for each flip-flop and 3-state outputs for bus-
oriented applications. It consists of two sections of eight positive edge-triggered flip-flops. A clock
input (nCP) and an output enable (nOE) are provided for each octal.
The flip-flops store the state of their individual D-inputs that meet the set-up and hold time
requirements on the LOW-to-HIGH clock (CP) transition.
When pin nOE is LOW, the contents of the flip-flops are available at the outputs. When pin nOE is
HIGH, the outputs go to the high-impedance OFF-state. Operation of input nOE does not affect the
state of the flip-flops.
Inputs can be driven from either 3.3 V or 5 V devices. When disabled, up to 5.5 V can be applied to
the outputs. These features allow the use of these devices in mixed 3.3 V and 5 V applications.
Bus hold on data inputs eliminates the need for external pull-up resistors to hold unused inputs.
2. Features and benefits
• 5 V tolerant inputs/outputs for interfacing with 5 V logic
• Wide supply voltage range from 1.2 V to 3.6 V
• CMOS low power consumption
• Multibyte flow-through standard pinout architecture
• Low inductance multiple supply pins for minimum noise and ground bounce
• Direct interface with TTL levels
• All data inputs have bus hold (74LVCH16374A only)
• High-impedance outputs when VCC = 0 V
• Complies with JEDEC standard:
• JESD8-7A (1.65 V to 1.95 V)
• JESD8-5A (2.3 V to 2.7 V)
• JESD8-C/JESD36 (2.7 V to 3.6 V)
• ESD protection:
• HBM JESD22-A114F exceeds 2000 V
• MM JESD22-A115-B exceeds 200 V
• CDM JESD22-C101E exceeds 1000 V
• Specified from -40 °C to +85 °C and -40 °C to +125 °C