Charger Interface Physical Layer IC
• Fully supports Quick Charge 2.0 specification
• Class A: 5 V, 9 V, and 12 V output voltage
• Class B: 5 V, 9 V, 12 V, and 20 V output voltage
• USB battery charging specification revision 1.2 compatible
• Automatic USB DCP shorting D+ to D- line
• Default 5 V mode operation
• Supports TOPSwitch and TinySwitch
• Very low power consumption
• Below 1 mW at 5 V output
• Fail safe operation
• Adjacent pin-to-pin short-circuit fault
• Open circuit pin fault
• Battery chargers for smart phones, tablets, netbooks, digital
cameras, and bluetooth accessories
• USB power output ports
CHY100 is a low-cost USB high-voltage dedicated charging port
(HVDCP) interface IC for the Quick Charge 2.0 specification. It
incorporates all necessary functions to add Quick Charge 2.0
capability to Power Integrations’ switcher ICs such as TOPSwitch
or TinySwitch and other solutions employing traditional feedback
CHY100 supports the full output voltage range of either Class A
or Class B. Optionally Class B can be inhibited for protecting the
battery charger from accidental damage.
CHY100 automatically detects whether a connected Powered
Device (PD) is Quick Charge 2.0 capable before enabling output
voltage adjustment. If a PD not compliant to Quick Charge 2.0 is
detected the CHY100 disables output voltage adjustment to
ensure safe operation with legacy 5 V only USB PDs.
V2 CHY100 D-
Figure 1. Typical Application Schematic.
Figure 2. Package Option.
SO-8 (D Package)
This Product is Covered by Patents and/or Pending Patent Applications.