• Very High Operating Speed
• Operation down to DC with Square Wave Input
• Low Phase Noise (Typically better than -
152dBc/Hz at 10kHz)
• 5V Single Supply Operation
• Low Power Dissipation: 500mW (Typ)
• Surface Mount Plastic Package With Exposed
Pad (See Application Notes
• DC to 10 GHz PLL applications
• Satellite Communications
• Fibre Optic Communications; OC48, OC192
• Ultra Low Jitter Clock Systems
10GHz Fixed Modulus ÷ 16
8 lead e-pad SOIC
ZL40812/DCF (tape and reel) 8 lead e-pad SOIC
-40°C to +85°C
Description The ZL40812 is one of a range of 5V
supply, very high speed low power prescalers for
professional applications with a fixed modulus of divide
by 16. The dividing elements are static D type flip flops
and therefore allow operation down to DC if the drive
signal is a pulse waveform with fast risetimes. The
output stage has internal 50 ohm pull up giving a 1V p-
p output. See application notes for more details.
Figure 1 - Block Diagram
Zarlink Semiconductor Inc.
Zarlink, ZL and the Zarlink Semiconductor logo are trademarks of Zarlink Semiconductor Inc.
Copyright 2003, Zarlink Semiconductor Inc. All Rights Reserved.