AMIS-30600 LIN Transceiver
1.0 Key Features
• LIN compliant to specification rev. 1.3 and rev. 2.0
• I2T high voltage technology
• Bus voltage ± 40V
• Transmission rate up to 20 kBaud
• SOIC-150-8 Package
• Thermal shutdown
• Indefinite short circuit protection to supply and ground
• Load dump protection (45V)
• Operating voltage = 4.75 to 5.25V
• Power down supply current < 50µA
• Integrated filter and hysteresis for receiver
• Integrated slope control for transmitter
• Slope control dependant from Vbat to enable maximum capacitive-load
2.0 General Description
The single-wire transceiver AMIS-30600 is a monolithic integrated circuit in a SOIC-8 package. It works as an interface between
the protocol controller and the physical bus.
The AMIS-30600 is especially suitable to drive the bus line in LIN systems in automotive and industrial applications. Further it can
be used in standard ISO9141 systems.
In order to reduce the current consumption the AMIS-30600 offers a stand-by mode. A wake-up caused by a message on the bus
wwpwu.lDlsatthaSehIeNeHt4-Uou.ctopmut high until the device is switched to normal operation mode.
The transceiver is implemented in I2T100 technology enabling both high-voltage analog circuitry and digital functionality to co-exist
on the same chip.
The AMIS-30600 provides an ultra-safe solution to today’s automotive in-vehicle networking (IVN) requirements by providing
unlimited short circuit protection in the event of a fault condition.
3.0 Ordering Information
Table 1: Ordering Code
SOIC 150 8 150 4
AMI Semiconductor – Rev. 2.0, Apr. 2005