Dual Channel Synchronous Buck PWM Controller for SMPS
• Single 12V Power Supply Required
• Excellent Output Voltage Regulation
- 1.0V±0.8% Internal Reference Over Line and
• Simple Single Loop Control Design
- Voltage Mode PWM Control
• 0~100% Duty Ratio
• Programmable Frequency Range from 50kHz to
400kHz (Constant 50kHz when Floating)
• Integrated Soft-Start and Soft-Off (Patent Pending)
• Support Pre-Biased Power-On
• Both Channel with 180o Phase Shift
• Integrated Boot-Strap Diode
• Over-Current Protection
- Sense High Side MOSFET’s RDS(ON)
• 120% Over-Voltage Protection
• 50% Under-Voltage Protection
• Over-Temperature Protection
• Available in SOP-20, TSSOP-20 and TSSOP-20P
• Lead Free and Green Devices Available
The APW7159C is a dual channel voltage mode and syn-
chronous PWM controller which drives dual N-channel
MOSFETs. The two channels are operated with 180 de-
gree phase shift.
The device integrates all of the control, monitoring, and
protecting functions into a single package; provides two
controlled power output with over-voltage, over-
temperature, and over-current protections.
The APW7159C provides excellent regulation for output
load variation. The internal 1.0V temperature-compen-
sated reference voltage provides high accuracy of 0.8%
over line and temperature. The device includes a 50kHz
free-running triangle-wave oscillator that is adjustable
from 50kHz to 400kHz.
The APW7159C has been equipped with excellent pro-
tection functions: POR, OCP, UVP, and OVP protections.
The Power-On-Reset (POR) circuit can monitor the VCC
and OCSET voltage to make sure the supply voltage ex-
ceeds their threshold voltage while the controller is
running. The Over-Current Protection (OCP) monitors the
output current by using the voltage drop across the high
side MOSFET’s RDS(ON). When the output current reaches
the trip point, the controller will be latched. Under-Voltage
Protection(UVP) and Over-Voltage Protection (OVP) moni-
tor the FB voltage to protect APW7159C from burnout
when output voltage is under 50% or over 120% of nor-
mal output voltage. The APW7159C is available in SOP-
20, TSSOP-20 and TSSOP-20P packages.
Simplified Application Circuit
ANPEC reserves the right to make changes to improve reliability or manufacturSability without notice, and
advise customers to obtain the latest version of relevant information to verify before placing orders.
Copyright © ANPEC Electronics Corp.
Rev. A.3 - Oct., 2019