High Input Voltage 6A PWM Converter With Low Iq
• Adjustable Output Voltage from +0.8V to +12V
- 0.8V Reference Voltage
- +1% Accuracy over Temperature
The APW8715E is a 6A, synchronous, step-down con-
verter with integrated 30mΩ N-channel High-Side
MOSFET and 12mΩ Low-Side MOSFET. The APW8715E
• Operates from An Input Battery Voltage Range of steps down high voltage to generate low-voltage chipset
+2.7V to +28V
or RAM supplies in notebook computers.
• Power-On-Reset Monitoring on VCC pin
The APW8715E provides excellent transient response and
• Excellent line and load transient responses
• PFM mode for increased light load efficiency
accurate DC voltage output in either PFM or PWM Mode.
In Pulse Frequency Mode (PFM), the APW8715E provides
very high efficiency over light to heavy loads with loading-
• Programmable PWM Frequency from 100kHz to modulated switching frequencies. In PWM Mode, the con-
verter works nearly at constant frequency for low-noise
• Integrated 30mΩ at VCC=5V N-Channel MOSFET requirements.
For High Side
The APW8715E is equipped with accurate current-limit,
• Integrated 12mΩ at VCC=5V N-Channel MOSFET output under-voltage, and output over-voltage protections,
For Low Side
perfect for various applications. A Power-On-Reset func-
• Integrated Bootstrap Forward P-CH MOSFET
tion monitors the voltage on VCC to prevent wrong
• External Adjustable Soft-Start and Soft-Stop
operation during power-on. The APW8715E has external
adjustable soft-start and built-in an integrated output dis-
• Selectable Forced PWM or automatic PFM/PWM charge method for soft stop. A soft-start ramps up the
output voltage with programmable timing to reduce the
• Power Good Monitoring
start-up current. A soft-stop function actively discharges
• 70% Under-Voltage Protection
the output capacitors.
• 125% Over-Voltage Protection
The APW8715E is available in TQFN4x4-23 (Power PAK).
• Current-Limit Protection
- Using Sense Low-Side MOSFET’s RDS(ON)
• Over-Temperature Protection
• TQFN-23 4mmx4mm package
• Lead Free and Green Device Available (RoHS
• Mother Board
• Table PC
• Hand-Held Portable
• AIO PC
• Set-top boxes
• LCD TV
ANPEC reserves the right to make changes to improve reliability or manufacturability without notice, and
advise customers to obtain the latest version of relevant information to verify before placing orders.
Copyright © ANPEC Electronics Corp.
Rev. A.4 - Aug., 2017