8A Synchronous Buck Converter
• Wide Input voltage Range from 6V to 28V
The APW8807 integrates the step-down, constant
• Provide PWM Converter with Adjustable 0.6V to 5. on-time, synchronous PWM converter with 24Ω N-
- 0.6V Reference Voltage
- Excellent Line/Load Regulations about +1.5%
over temperature range at PWM Channel
• Built in POR Control Scheme Implemented
• 15mA 5V Voltage Output
channel high side MOSFET and 14Ω N-channel low side
MOSFET, as well as various protections into a chip. The
PWM converter step down high voltage of a battery to
generate low-voltage, for NB applications.
The APW8807 provides excellent transient response and
accurate DC output voltage in automatic PFM/PWM Mode.
In Pulse-Frequency Mode (PFM), the APW8807 provides
• Constant On-Time Control Scheme with Frequency very high efficiency over light to heavy loads with loading-
Compensation for PWM Mode
modulated switching frequencies. The PWM mode works
• Built in Soft Start for PWM Output and Soft Stop nearly at constant frequency for low-noise requirements.
for PWM Output and LDO Output
The APW8807 is equipped with accurate sourcing
• Integrated Bootstrap Forward P-CH MOSFET
current-limit, output under-voltage, output over-voltage
• High Efficiency over Light to Full Load Range protections, being perfect for NB applications. A 4.8ms
(Typ.) soft-start can reduce the start-up current. A soft-
• Built in Power Good Indicators (PWM)
stop function actively discharges the output capacitors by
the discharge switch.
• Integrated 24mΩ at VCC=5V N-Channel MOSFET The APW8807 has enable control for PWM. Pulling the
For High Side
EN pin low shuts down the PWM output. The APW8807 is
• Integrated 14mΩ at VCC=5V N-Channel MOSFET available in a TQFN3x3-16A package.
For Low Side
• 60% Under-Voltage and 120% Over-Voltage
• Fixed Current-Limit Protection at 11A Loading
Simplified Application Circuit
• Over-Temperature Protection
• 3mmx3mm Thin QFN-16A (TQFN3x3-16A) package
• Lead Free and Green Device Available (RoHS
ANPEC reserves the right to make changes to improve reliability or manufacturability without notice, and
advise customers to obtain the latest version of relevant information to verify before placing orders.
Copyright © ANPEC Electronics Corp.
Rev. A.1 - Nov., 2013