Integrated Circuits Inc.
• Standard CMOS process.
• Embedded 1M bits EPROM.
• 42 sec Voice Length at 6KHz sampling and 4-bit ADPCM compression.
• Maximum 32 voice groups.
• Combination of voice blocks to extend playback duration.
• 960 table entries are available for voice block combinations.
• User selectable PCM or ADPCM data compression.
• Two triggering modes are available (EPROM programmable options).
- Key Trigger Mode – Combinations of S1 ~ S8 to trigger 32 Voice Groups; SBT
sequential trigger is possible.
- CPU Parallel Trigger Mode – Combinations of S1 ~ S5 with SBT goes HIGH to
strobe start the voice playback.
• Voice Group Trigger Options: Edge / Level; Hold / Un-hold; Retrigger / Non-retrigger.
• Whole Chip Options: Ramp / No-ramp; Output Options; Key / CPU trigger mode.
• 16ms (@ 8KHz sampling rate) Debounce Time for both Key and CPU Trigger Mode.
• RST pin set to HIGH to stop playback at once.
• Two user programmable outputs for STOP pulse, BUSY signal and flashing LED.
• Built-in oscillator to control sampling frequency with an external resistor.
• 2.6V – 5.0V; Wide range single power supply and < 5uA low stand-by current.
• PWM Vout1 and Vout2 drive speaker directly.
• D/A COUT to drive speaker through an external BJT.
• Development System support voice compilation and options selection.
aP8942A high performance Voice OTP is fabricated with Standard CMOS process with embedded
1M bits EPROM. It can store up to 42sec voice message with 4-bit ADPCM compression at 6KHz
sampling rate. 8-bit PCM is also available as user selectable option. Two trigger modes, simple
Key trigger mode and Parallel CPU trigger mode facilitate different user interface. User selectable
triggering and output signal options provide maximum flexibility to various applications. Built-in
resistor controlled oscillator, 8-bit current mode D/A output and PWM direct speaker driving output
minimize the number of external components. PC controlled programmer and developing
software are available.
2 OCT 01, 2012