150KHz, 3A PWM Buck DC/DC Converter
The AX3005 series are monolithic IC designed for a step-down DC/DC converter, and
own the ability of driving a 3A load without additional transistor. It saves board space. The
external shutdown function can be controlled by logic level and then come into standby
mode. The internal compensation makes feedback control having good line and load
regulation without external design. Regarding protected function, thermal shutdown is to
prevent over temperature operating from damage, and current limit is against over current
operating of the output switch. If current limit function occurs and VFB is down below 0.5V,
the switching frequency will be reduced. The AX3005 series operates at a switching
frequency of 150KHz thus allow smaller sized filter components than what would be
needed with lower frequency switching regulators. The output version included fixed 3.3V,
5V, 12V, and an adjustable type. The chip is available in a 5-Lead TO263 package.
- Output voltage: 3.3V, 5V, 12V and adjustable output version.
- Adjustable version output voltage range, 1.23V to 38.5V.
- 150KHz fixed switching frequency.
- Voltage mode non-synchronous PWM control.
- Thermal-shutdown and current-limit protection.
- ON/OFF shutdown control input.
- Short Circuit Protect (SCP).
- Operating voltage can be up to 40V.
- Output load current: 3A.
- 5-Lead TO263 Pb-Free packages.
- Low power standby mode.
- Built-in switching transistor on chip.
Axelite Confidential Materials, do not copy or distribute without written consent.
Rev.1.8 Nov.18, 2016