These devices are precision timing circuits capable of producing
accurate time delays or oscillation. In the time-delay or monostable
mode of operation, the timed interval is controlled by a single external
resistor and capacitor network. In the astable mode of operation, the
frequency and duty cycle can be controlled independently with two
external resistors and a single external capacitor.
The threshold and trigger levels normally are two-thirds and one-third,
respectively, of VCC. These levels can be altered by use of the
control-voltage terminal. When the trigger input falls below the trigger
level, the flip-flop is set, and the output goes high. If the trigger input
is above the trigger level and the threshold input is above the
threshold level, the flip-flop is reset and the output is low. The reset
(RESET) input can override all other inputs and can be used to
initiate a new timing cycle. When RESET goes low, the flip-flop is
reset, and the output goes low. When the output is low, a low-
impedance path is provided between discharge (DISCH) and ground.
The output circuit is capable of sinking or sourcing current up to
200mA. Operation is specified for supplies of 5V to 15V. With a 5-V
supply, output levels are compatible with TTL inputs.
• Timing from microseconds to hours
• Astable or monostable operation
• Adjustable duty cycle
• TTL compatible output can source or sink up to 200mA
• Totally Lead-Free & Fully RoHS Compliant (Notes 1 & 2)
• Halogen- and Antimony-Free. “Green” Device (Note 3)
• For automotive applications requiring specific change
control (i.e. parts qualified to AEC-Q100/101/200, PPAP
capable, and manufactured in IATF 16949 certified
facilities), please contact us or your local Diodes
1. No purposely added lead. FullyEU Directive 2002/95/EC (RoHS), 2011/65/EU (RoHS 2) & 2015/863/EU (RoHS 3).compliant.
2. See https://www.diodes.com/quality/lead-free/ formore information about Diodes Incorporated’s definitions of Halogen- and Antimony-free, "Green"
3. Halogen- and Antimony-free "Green” products are defined as those which contain <900ppm bromine, <900ppm chlorine (<1500ppm total Br + Cl)
and <1000ppm antimony compounds.
Document number: DS35112 Rev. 5 - 2
1 of 14
© Diodes Incorporated