14-CHANNEL T1/E1/J1 SHORT-HAUL LINE INTERFACE UNIT
• Fully integrated 14-Channel short haul transceivers
for T1/J1 (1.544MHz) and E1 (2.048MHz)
• Receiver line attenuation indication output in 1dB
• Loss of signal (RLOS) according to ITU-T G.775/
ETS300233 (E1) and ANSI T1.403 (T1/J1).
• T1/E1/J1 short haul and clock rate are per port
selectable through software without changing
• Programmable receive slicer threshold (45%, 50%,
55%, or 68%) for improved receiver interference
• Internal Impedance matching on both receive and
transmit for 75Ω (E1), 100Ω (T1), 110Ω (J1), and
120Ω (E1) applications are per port selectable
through software without changing components.
• Power down on a per channel basis with
independent receive and transmit selection.
• Five pre-programmed transmit pulse settings for T1
short haul applications.
• Arbitrary Pulse Generators for both T1 and E1
• On-Chip transmit short-circuit protection and
limiting protects line drivers from damage on a per
• Independent Crystal-Less digital jitter attenuators
(JA) with 32-Bit or 64-Bit FIFO for the receive and
• Programmable data stream muting upon RLOS
• On-Chip HDB3/B8ZS encoder/decoder with an
internal 16-bit LCV counter for each channel.
• On-Chip digital clock recovery circuit for high input
• QRSS pattern generator and detection for testing
• Error and bipolar violation insertion and detection.
• Transmit all ones (TAOS) and in-band network loop
up and loop down code generation.
• Automatic loop code detection for remote loopback
• Supports local analog, remote, digital, and dual
• On-Chip frequency multiplier generates T1 or E1
master clocks from a variety of external clock
sources (8, 16, 56, 64, 128, 256kHz and 1X, 2X,
4X, 8X T1 or E1)
• Driver failure monitor output (DMO) alerts of
possible system or external component problems.
• Transmit outputs and receive inputs may be "High"
impedance for protection or redundancy
applications on a per channel basis.
• Low Power dissipation: 170mW per channel (50%
• 250mW per channel maximum power dissipation
• Single 3.3V supply operation (3V to 5V I/O
• 304-Pin TBGA package
• -40°C to +85°C Temperature Range
• Support for automatic protection switching.
• 1:1 and 1+1 protection without relays.
• Supports gapped clocks for mapper/multiplexer
• Receive monitor mode handles 0 to 29dB resistive
attenuation (flat loss) along with 0 to 6dB cable loss
for both T1 and E1.
PRODUCT ORDERING INFORMATION
304 Lead TBGA
OPERATING TEMPERATURE RANGE
-40°C to +85°C