Low Voltage Dual 1:10 Differential
ECL/PECL Clock Fanout Buffer
Rev 4, 04/2005
The MC100ES6220 is a bipolar monolithic differential clock fanout buffer.
Designed for most demanding clock distribution systems, the MC100ES6220
supports various applications that require the distribution of precisely aligned
differential clock signals. Using SiGe technology and a fully differential
architecture, the device offers very low skew outputs and superior digital signal
characteristics. Target applications for this clock driver are high performance
clock distribution in computing, networking and telecommunication systems.
LOW VOLTAGE DUAL
1:10 DIFFERENTIAL ECL/PECL
CLOCK FANOUT BUFFER
• Two independent 1:10 differential clock fanout buffers
• 130 ps maximum device skew
• SiGe technology
• Supports DC to 1 GHz operation of clock or data signals
• ECL/PECL compatible differential clock outputs
• ECL/PECL compatible differential clock inputs
• Single 3.3 V, –3.3 V, 2.5 V or –2.5 V supply
• Standard 52-lead LQFP package with exposed pad for enhanced thermal
• Supports industrial temperature range
• Pin and function compatible to the MC100EP220
• 52-lead Pb-free Package Available
52-LEAD LQFP PACKAGE
52-LEAD LQFP PACKAGE
The MC100ES6220 is designed for low skew clock distribution systems and
supports clock frequencies up to 1 GHz. The device consists of two independent
clock fanout buffers. The CLKA and CLKB inputs can be driven by ECL or PECL compatible signals. The input signal of each
clock buffer is distributed to 10 identical, differential ECL/PECL outputs. If VBB is connected to the CLKA or CLKB input and
bypassed to GND by a 10 nF capacitor, the MC100ES6220 can be driven by single-ended ECL/PECL signals utilizing the VBB
bias voltage output.
In order to meet the tight skew specification of the device, both outputs of a differential output pair should be terminated, even
if only one output is used. In the case where not all ten outputs are used, the output pairs on the same package side as the parts
being used on that side should be terminated.
The MC100ES6220 can be operated from a single 3.3 V or 2.5 V supply. As most other ECL compatible devices, the
MC100ES6220 supports positive (PECL) and negative (ECL) supplies. The MC100ES6220 is pin and function compatible to the
© Freescale Semiconductor, Inc., 2005. All rights reserved.